PlayLogic has announced the released date and features of Fairytale Fights. We've kept a watchful eye on this brutal hack and slash since it was announced, and it appears we won't be waiting much longer. The game is set for an October 27th release date on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Unfortunately PC owners are going to have to wait a bit longer as a 2010 release date for that version of the game has been announced.
The really good news for co-op gamers is the inclusion of a four player co-op mode through the game's storyline. Previously Fairytale Fights was said to have a two player co-op mode, so that's definitely a treat for us! With the promise of "Deep interactive DLC" - we can only imagine we'll be seeing plenty of other twisted fairytale characters joining are quest soon enough!
Additional Game Features:
· Dynamic Slicing – Playlogic’s proprietary mechanic allows players to cut anything off of any enemy anywhere in real time, rendering repetitive collision-based canned animations a thing of the past.
· Volumetric Liquid System – Blood, acid, vomit and goop, it’s all rendered in real time allowing for any liquid to naturally combine with any other (often to hilarious ends), as well as real time trails, footprints and slipping to occur in the bloody mess.
· Co-op for up to 4 players.
· Over 100 weapons.
· One of the most distinctly unique uses of the Unreal 3 Engine on the market.
· Deep and interactive downloadable content to be released on a regular basis post launch.