Tickets which should be of interest to anyone loopy enough for all things Call of Duty will go on sale next Tuesday, July 19th. These tickets grant access to the first ever Call of Duty XP (short for "experience"), held in Los Angeles, California on September 02nd and 03rd.
I know what you're asking yourself: What, exactly, is the draw here? Well...in a nutshell, ActiVision has thrown in everything a hardcore fan could want. Read on for a full list of what the $150 (USD) two-day pass will get you.
It should be noted that ActiVision is reportedly donating 100% of all ticket proceeds to the Call of Duty Endowment, a non-profit organization that assists military veterans to re-assimilate into a normal life pattern.
And now the event details...
For the competitive:
- Black Ops tournament (grand prize $1 million USD)
- Speed runs through a real-life recreation of "The Pit", as seen in Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops
- Paintball matches on an unnamed real-life Call of Duty map
- Hands-on time with Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer modes
For the cooperative:
- Hands-on time with Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops
For the casual attendee:
- Door prizes
- Q&A panels with Call of Duty developers
- Live entertainment (performers not confirmed)
- Call of Duty themed armory and museum
For the non-attendee:
- All features of the Call of Duty Elite system revealed
- First gameplay reveal of Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer
We'll be posting videos and news as it's released, so that anyone not quite ready to pony up even more hard cash for this series will still be able to catch the gameplay details. If you do happen to attend, make sure to snap some pictures and either post them in the User Blogs or send them to our tips line.