We had already brought word that a new Resistance 2 Patch and Map Pack would be hitting the PlayStation Network today, but we just unearthed some new info on a co-op mode thanks to the PlayStation Blog.
The mode is called Superhuman Co-Op Mode, and it's designed for the best of the best co-op players.
Superhuman Co-op Mode: Does your eight-man Specter squad possess the skills to survive this all-new difficulty? It features stronger enemies and disables auto-respawning (only another squadmate can revive you), but dishes out bigger rewards (double the Grey Tech and XP per round).
The update also adds a handful of medals and ribbons for the co-op mode and various tweaks to XP and Spawning. All of this will be available later today for your Resistance 2 co-op gaming goodness.
- Savant – Come in first place 30 times in ranked matches (Comp)
- Hero – Come in first place 60 times in ranked matches (Comp)
- Legend – Come in first place 100 times in ranked matches (Comp)
- Tools of Destruction – Score 100 kills with every single weapon (Comp)
- Master Strategist – Score 100 kills with full health (Comp)
- Arch Rival – Kill 500 rival squad members (Comp)
- Full Honors – Take each class to max level (Coop)
- Prophet – Revive 500 players (Coop)
- Secret Agent – Obtain all spec ops upgrades (Coop)
- Surgeon General – Obtain all medic upgrades (Coop)
- Specter Elite – Obtain all soldier upgrades (Coop)
- Like a Surgeon - 100 Splicer Kills (Comp)
- Shake N’ Bake - 100 Pulse Cannon Kills (Comp)
- Quickdraw – Get the first kill of the round (Comp)
- Manic Medic – Heal for 1000 points within 3 seconds (Coop)
- Solid Solider – Absorb 500 points of damage within a few seconds with your force barrier (Global)
- Specter Survivor – Survive an objective without dying (Coop)
- Specter Medic – Revive 2 or more allies within a few seconds (Coop)
- Hail Mary – Throw ammo and hit your target from at least 10 meters away (Coop)
- Quick and Painless – Score 3 headshots kills in a row (Global)