Get ready for a new world-building title with Portal Knights, the latest IP from publisher 505 Games and developer Keen Games. The game features some RPG mechanics alongside a crafting system for making gear, structures, and more.
Outside of the PR announcement about the game, not too much else is known about the game. It's hard not to draw parallels between games like Minecraft, Starbound, or Terraria based on what's been revealed thus far. Considering 505 is the publisher behind Terraria, those comparisons are undoubtedly apt.
Here's a breakdown of the game's main features, including mention of four player co-op throughout.
- Travel between randomly generated 3D sandbox worlds – Traverse unique environments, discover creatures and resources for crafting. Explore caves, mineshafts and dungeons filled with surprises
- Tactical action combat - Strike foes and dodge their attacks in fast-paced third-person battles. Outwit each enemy’s unique AI and choose from an assortment of weapons and spells to defeat them!
- Unique RPG classes to choose from and master - Play as a Warrior, Mage or Ranger and customize appearance, abilities and gear
- Epic boss battles - Face off against the Portal Guardians, the most formidable beasts in the realm, in their twisted arenas
- Gather unique resources from across the worlds to craft an arsenal and supplies - Upgrade crafting stations and expand the recipe list to 100 items, complete with specific crafting trees based on players’ character class
- Construct a stronghold from dozens of materials and furnishings - Display the hard-earned treasure from players’ journeys. Plant a farm and reap harvest as crops grow in real time
- Join friends in 4-person cooperative multiplayer - Throughout the whole experience, build structures, explore dungeons and team up together in combat
No mention of a price point for the game, but it's set to hit Steam Early Access on February 25.