The PS3 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops just received a hefty patch, bringing its version number up to 1.06. Some of the bigger fixes for co-op players are improved Zombie mode connection quality and stability, improved host migration, fixing of various issues related to combat training - including using friends names as bots - and more.
You may remember that the PS3 version of Black Ops recently came under fire as Treyarch and Activision scramble to try and fight off the rampant cheating that has become a huge problem thanks to a system wide PlayStation 3 hack. So despite the threat of shutting down servers, Treyarch played the better man card and released a monster patch.
There's no word on when/if these fixes are coming, or even needed, on the Xbox 360 or PC.
- New contracts added to the rotation.
- Added optional pre-match timer for LAN / System-Link games.Issues Addressed:
- Fixed freeze associated with larger games.
- Improved reliability of players connections to one another.
- Improved ability to bring parties to the game lobby. Late party joiners would try to connect to previous lobby host and be denied if new joiners trigger a lobby host migration.
- Addressed an issue where the Host encounters and infinite spinning loading circle after a Host migration.
- Fixed a timing specific, long/infinite loading screen when joining games (sometimes giving you “Error - Read error (0x80010713) on file
- Fixed a timing-specific freeze when host powered down during host migration.
- Cleaned up the map search filter in the Community section (deleted unused entries).
- Fixed Combat Training’s "USE FRIENDS" option for bots names.
- Fixed issue with split-screen guest profile names being blank, resulting in matches never launching.
- Instead of showing the generic “Player” for offline profiles in LAN, we now display the PS3 profile name.
- Fixed Friends list appearing after viewing a Friends Playercard from the Leaderboards.
- Fixed filter so players can now view Friends on Zombies leadboards.
- Fix timing specific issue where the game can be put into slow motion.
- Addressed "disconnected path" error when using the doors in Radiation after a host migration.
- Fixed stability issues navigating lobbies after client on Split Screen Zombies quits out of a game.
- Addressed issue/exploit when removing Counter Spy Plane effects with the Jammer.
- Fixed a freeze when quickly loading maps one after another in private match.
- Fixed issue where players get primary weapons in Second Chance.
- Fixed “NEW” stamp not disappearing for Custom Slot 9 when highlighting the slot.
- Removed water vision effect when respawning after dying in the acid pool in Radiation.
- Several contract fixes.Gameplay Tuning:
- Second Chance – players that put an enemy into Second Chance are now credited for a full kill once that enemy dies. If another player kills the enemy while the enemy is in Second Chance, they will get assist credit.
- Adjustments to the PSG1 with attachments.
- AK74U adjustments.
- RCXD adjustments.
- Silenced sniper rifle adjustments.
- Removed hit markers when shooting friendly equipment.