Are you a budding map maker with a desire to create something that bends the laws of physics, space, time and portals? You are? Good! Then I have a contest just for you. ThinkingWithPortals.com presents the summer mapping initiative - a contest designed to create some great content for Portal 2's single player and co-op modes on the PC...and maybe the PS3 and 360.
What's up for grabs? A Portal 2 prize pack which includes tons of goodies signed by the developers, a featured placement by Valve and ThinkingWithPortals.com. Just think - you could be the next GlaDOS!
Here are the official rules:
- Maps must be submitted no later than June 6th at 11:59pm EDT.
- Both Singleplayer and Co-op maps are allowed. You may submit one map of each game mode.
- Maps cannot contain custom assets of any kind. No exceptions. Spend your time working on your puzzle, not making models, textures, sounds/voices, or other extra content.
- Maps must contain both an Entry and an Exit elevator, the style of which as appropriate for your map theme. 1940's Aperture maps can use the old style elevators, destroyed Aperture can use the destroyed looking elevators, and so on.
- Maps must be able to be completed without using engine or portaling glitches of any kind.
- Entries must be uploaded to the ThinkingWithPortals.com Download Database and uploaded in a compressed file format (such as ZIP, RAR or 7z).
- Entries must include the source VMF.
We can't wait to see what kind of co-op goodness the community comes up with. If you need some inspiration for your mapping experience - look no further than the free downloadable soundtrack for the game. Yay Animal King!