Journey Collector's Edition Coming to Retail in August
There are people who love the game Journey, and then there are those who are dead inside. Journey is one of my favorite games on the PSN, offering a co-op experience like no other. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, playing through the short quest several times. I must not be the only one who dug it. The game has become popular enough to earn the retail treatment.
The Journey Collector's Edition will include two other popular titles from developer thatgamecompany. flOw and Flower will be packaged together with Journey and host of bonus features:
- Thirty-minute behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Journey
- Creator Commentary playthroughs of all three games
- Three exclusive mini-games from thatgamecompany
- Concept art and screenshot galleries for all three games
- Original soundtracks for all three games
- PS3 dynamic themes and wallpapers
- PSN avatars including eight exclusive new Journey avatars never released before
- Official game trailers and developer diary videos
- Reversible cover art
Okay, I might not be too jazzed about the reversible cover art, but the rest of the extras look promising. I picked up the Journey soundtrack with my original pre-order and I love it. It makes me want to don a brown hoody, wrap myself in a scarf imbued with supernatural powers, and trek through the desert. Check out the announcement trailer for a sample of what's in store:
Journey supports two player online co-op. This is a non-traditional co-op game, so be sure to check out our Co-Op Review so you know what to expect. The Journey Collector's Edition will hit store shelves on August 28th for $29.99. If you just can't wait, all three games are available right now on the PSN.