Upgrade Your Old 3DS Into the New 3DS XL Model This August, Featuring New Super Mario Bros. 2
Start saving up your money, gamers! The first handheld update in the 3DS line, the “3DS XL” is set for release in North America late this summer, just before the launch of the Nintendo Wii U.
Much like every Nintendo handheld in existence, each new system receives a much needed facelift from their original design. This time around, it’s Nintendo’s latest gaming device, the 3DS, which will be receiving a much needed hardware boost. Coming this August 19th in North America, customers can buy this newly upgraded version of the 3D gaming device for only $199.99. Despite some of the pictures shown here, the North American versions will only come in 2 different colors: blue or red.
Now, for some technical aspects of the 3DS for your note taking:
- Not entirely confirmed, but North American 3DS XL’s may include an AC power adapter (EU and JA will not, unfortunately).
- A larger SD card, with 4GB worth of space, will be included.
- Battery life has been increased to run from 3.5 to 6.5 hours of gameplay on 3DS software, while regular DS games will run 6 to 10 hours respectively.
- The touch screen has also increased to 4.81 inches wide.
- It includes a 4.88-inch upper screen, 90% larger than the normal 3.5-inch screen of the current 3DS model.
- The new hardware build is roughly 46% larger than the original, measuring at 93x156x22mm.
New Super Mario Bros. 2's co-op gaming being shown off on the new 3DS XL.
Some co-op games to look forward to using with the newly vamped 3DS are the new Super Smash Bros. title currently in development by Namco Bandai and also the Wii U version of New Super Mario Bros. 2 (both will allow cross-platform gaming of some kind). More importantly, the New Super Mario Bros. 2 3DS version will be released on the same day as the 3DS XL launch, giving co-op lovers a great game to try out the new device on.
Again, look forward to holding this new, sleek 3DS design come August 19th; you know we will!
- nintendo wii u,
- namco bandai,
- new super mario bros 2,
- 3ds xl,
- super smash bros.,
- 2-player local co-op