Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass Details and Patch Notes
Like pouring acid on a fresh wound
Aliens: Colonial Marines launched today and the reviews are not so good. Hey, at least we get to see one of the most quoted lines of all time used in almost every single review! Brilliant. But since A:CM doesn't seem to be causing eye cancer, I'm sure some fans are still going to enjoy it. Maybe. I guess I'm not so sure about that. Somebody, somewhere, might like it. I don't know. My only experience with the game was from a short session at E3 that was actually quite enjoyable, but not everyone is a sexual Tyrannosaurus, like me. Apparently I played the best part.
Any way you slice it, someone over at Sega, Gearbox, or 20th Century Fox decided it would be a good idea to offer a season pass for future DLC. I'm more of a rip-the-band-aid-off-all-at-once kind of guy, but hey, to each their own. I guess if it bleeds, we can kill it. Okay, I'm done kicking this dead puppy. I'll just give you the season pass details and the current patch notes. Stick around.
The A:CM Season Pass will set you back $29.99 or 2400 MSP. This will get you all four upcoming DLCs and save you about 40% off the price of buying them individually. The first DLC pack, "Bug Hunt," will be available in March. It appears to be a wave-based co-op survival mode. More details on the upcoming DLC should be available soon. If you haven't picked up A:CM yet, you should know that if you purchase it from Wal-Mart you will receive "Bug Hunt" for free when it becomes available for download. You lose it in Wal-Mart and you're in a world of hurt.
In accordance with what has become standard operating procedure, a day one patch has been released. Pretty high-tech stuff for some half-assed mountain boys. Hopefully this will improve the gameplay experience. With the exception of the split screen notes, these fixes are the same across all three platforms. You may not have time to bleed, but you should take the time to look over the patch notes.
- General user interface improvements.
- Various performance improvements.
- Fixed issue where a door may not function properly if a Xeno was killed while opening it.
- Addressed issue where players could become stuck in a close encounter after killing a Lurker that had pounced them.
- Fixed collision issue where bullets would not pass through certain open doorways.
- Fixed an issue related to clients incorrectly interrupting Xeno melee encounters.
- Addressed an issue where doors would sometimes not open properly.
- Addressed an exploit where players could melee while throwing a grenade or placing a claymore.
- Fixed some collision detection issues that could result from a close encounter.
- Prevented campaign pop-ups from appearing outside of campaign.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent NPCs from getting on the elevator in the Sulaco.
- NPCs no longer attempt to open doors while being welded.
- Fixed issue where Raven could sometimes pass through welded door.
- Implementing a message to warn players that campaign progress will be overwritten if they try to start an offline campaign game from within the co-op campaign UI.
- Adjusted the distance between players before they're warped to the location of furthest player in co-op.
- Fixed issue where torch would sometimes appear incorrectly to co-op clients.
- Fixed issue where difficulty could sometimes become stuck incorrectly after switching modes.
- Fixed issue where co-op player would not recover properly after being saved from a close encounter.
- Fixed issue where Russian players could not drop into a co-op match in some missions.
- Updated late-game close encounter moment to disable player input, which could cause them to become stuck.
- Splitscreen: Weapon Radial menu no longer appears for other players when the pause menu is opened.
- Splitscreen: Fixed issue where if the Game Menu is opened while accessing the Weapon Radial, it stays up on does not function properly.
- Resolved issue where campaign Motion Tracker could incorrectly in multiplayer loadouts.
- Fixed issue where clients would sometimes be invisible after spawning in No Hope in Hadleys.
- Multiplayer teams are now randomized (parties excluded) if percentage difference in scores is greater than 15%
- 'Switch Teams' option removed from the Pause menu.
- Corrected issue where server and client could get out-of-sync when switching out of a power-up while firing.
- Fixed issue where controller would vibrate during the scores screen if Rage ability was active upon match end.
- Fixed issue where Cloak ability would not conceal the Lurker when walking or jogging.
- Corrected bug where clients appeared to spawn outside of world before match start.
- Removed placeholder text from appearing on scoreboard in certain situations.
- Improved camera transition when Xeno enters a vent.
- Fixed issue where Xenomorph HUD could sometimes appear in the wrong color.
- Fixed issue with Spitter acid sometimes preventing players from deploying a Sentry Turret for a short while.
- Spitter's "Acid Spray" now originates from the mouth.
- Escape: Fixed issue where Xenos could spawn in unplayable space.
- Escape: Fixed issue where Xeno players could lose functionality if warped to next area while in a vent.
- Escape: Addressed issues where players would spawn with no weapon if they were the last Marine to die in Escape.
- Escape: Fixed issue where Cat-Like Reflexes ability would not properly complete in an Escape match.
- Escape: Improved timing and placement of warp locations in Emergency Evac map.
Aliens: Colonial Marines supports two player local co-op and four player online co-op. It is out now for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. It will be coming to the Wii U at a later date. Get to the chopper.
- playstation 3,
- xbox 360,
- 2 player local co-op,
- 4 player online co-op,
- aliens colonial marines,
- nintendo wii u