Omerta: City of Gangsters is a complicated game with many interesting facets set in a prohibition era Atlantic City. While we loved the setting, the strategy, and what the game tries to do; the sum of the pieces seemed to miss being a cohesive whole. The biggest complaint our reviewer had was related to the game's combat system, they found it a bit frustrating and shallow at times. Luckily it seems developer Haemimont have heard fan feedback and is preparing a major patch for the game.
- New maps for multiplayer and sandbox modes
- Enemy gangs for Sandbox Mode – you’ll now have to fend of gangs that invade your turf and try to steal businesses out from under you
- Customizable game settings and goals for sandbox games
- Economy overview panel for current businesses with their efficiency, profit, ect.
- Visual representation of individual business types on the strategic map via icons
- Additional difficulty setting and "Iron Man" option (saving progress in strategic mode disabled)
- Massive overhaul of cover mechanics in turn-based combat
- Introduction of multiplayer chat and several other minor fixes/changes
Hopefully the multiplayer map updates will include some new co-op maps. The update should be available in 4-8 weeks.
While you're waiting, you can check out a demo for the game on Xbox 360. The demo showcases two levels from the game and gives you a glimpse into both the city strategy and turn based combat it provides.
Omerta: City of Gangsters is available now on Xbox 360 and PC. It features two player online co-op through a separate set of challenge missions.