A new Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 patch is incoming, this time featuring the free Nuketown 2025 Zombies map for all Xbox 360 users! We have the full list of notes on the changes/tweeks being made, so take a minute to read on.
Treyarch recently released patch notes on their latest update to Black Ops 2. Apart from the large assortment of improvements to the gameplay (like spawning and weapon improvments), a favorite community Zombies map, Nuketown 2025, will be available for purchase as a standalone download (400 MSP). Initially, Nuketown was offered only as a pre-order bonus, now open to all Xbox 360 owners on March 13th.
Additionally, Black Ops 2 will be entering itself into the microtransactions world of the gaming industry. Players will now be able to purchase items that allow for a bunch of aesthetic customization options, such as player and weapon skins, but these will not affect gameplay whatsoever (for those looking to gain an edge):
Like dress-up for your favorite weapons. Each themed pack contains a unique weapon camo, three targeting reticles (one each for the Reflex, EO Tech, and ACOG sights), and a custom player Calling Card. All that stuff comes as a set for 160 MS Points (£1.37 / €1.92 / $2.00), One notable example: the Bacon Personalization Pack (!) wraps your favorite weapon in the most delicious cured meat known to man.
Extra Slots Pack
This one's for the players who requested even more loadouts and/or are fans of Theater Mode. You can now get 10 more Create-a-Class slots (giving you 20 total if you've gone all the way up to Prestige Master) and significantly expand your media storage, allowing you to archive 20 more emblems, 32 more films and 40 more screenshots for 160 MS Points (£1.37 / €1.92 / $2.00).
Flags of the World Calling Card Packs
These packs include national flag-themed Calling Cards from countries around the world. Packs are divided by geographical region and costs 80 MS Points (£0.69 / €0.96 / €0.96), per region pack.
Now take a good look at the patch changes that will go in effect tomorrow:
- The CODcast control panel can now optionally show the overhead map in the player list in games with 10 players or less.
- Added the ability to view past seasons for all the leagues a team has been a part of in League History.
- Background Downloading has been enabled on XBOX 360.
Multiplayer Issues Addressed
- Resolved an issue where players were receiving an error message when trying to join a System Link or LAN Party lobby without internet connection.
- Resolved Select Fire reverting back to default settings after a round transition.
- Fixed a potential exploit using the Trophy System.
- Addressed an issue with the Collector's Edition camo un-equipping from weapons.
- Addressed an issue with the Peacekeeper not appearing for players that join into a match that is already in progress.
- Resolved an issue on Drone where the automatic doors at the weapon plant would trigger/destroy Lethal Equipment.
- Addressed an issue with the highlight for the Dual Band Scope on players equipped with certain weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the planted bomb disappearing at the "B" site on Hydro when the water floods.
- Addressed an issue with the VTOL Warship not destroying if hit when exiting the map.
- Players will now be able to complete the Shredder Scorestreak challenge using a Death Machine from a care package.
- The Stealth Chopper no longer counts towards completion of the Chopper Hunter challenge.
- Resolved an issue where planted Riot Shields were not getting destroyed by the gondolas in Downhill.
- Resolved an issue with C4 and Bouncing Betty's killing players on contact.
- Fixed an issue where the Combat Axe would sometime destroy the Guardian.
- Addressed a missing image issue with the Medals section of the Combat Record for new players.
- Players with Hard Wired equipped will no longer lose their Care Package if throwing it while an enemy EMP Scorestreak is active.
- Fixed an issue with bomb plants being automatically aborted while a Care Package or Hunter Killer Drone is equipped.
- Hosts can now kick players in Custom Game lobbies.
- Hint text for the Camera toggle in the Live Stream menu updated to include support for the XBOX 360 Kinect sensor.
- Videos being rendered in the Theater will no longer be automatically canceled when the controller disconnects.
- The CODcast UI is now displaying the flag for the Flag Carrier in the Objective column.
- Addressed a button mapping issue in the Emblem Options menu.
- Resolved an issue with the red crosshair appearing in the Target Finder when targeting an enemy equipped with Cold Blooded.
- Fixed an issue with the stats tracking for the Executioner's Accuracy in the Combat Record.
- Fixed an issue where the Friends List showed a joinable/green arrow icon for players who were not playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.
- Resolved an issue where the turret in the northern building on Turbine would become unusable.
- Addressed an issue with the Lightning Strike Scorestreak if the player had the tablet out during a host migration.
- Fixed an issue with some weapons having invisible magazines from 3rd person animations during an automatic reload.
- Resolved an issue on XBOX 360 with backing out of a Guest Account sign-in.
- Addressed an issue where the game would sometimes crash after repeated host migrations.
- Fixed knife lunge launching players on the Express map.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get an empty War Machine or Death Machine when switching classes at the start of the match.
- Addressed a loss of functionality for the player and guest when switching between Multiplayer and Zombies and having the guest switch back to Multiplayer.
- Match clocks in Multi-Team and Free-for-All games modes no longer continue to tick down in Theater when a CODcast game is paused.
- Resolved an issue where planting a Claymore in front of a crouched player with a Riot Shield would cause the Claymore to fly across the map.
- Resolved a couple of overlapping UI issues when CODcasting.
- Players can now turn the Voice Icon On/Off when CODcasting a match in Theater.
Spawn System Improvements:
- Reduced the weight of positive team spawn influencers on owned Domination flags. This reduces cases in Domination where players may spawn near their team but also near danger.
- Added more spawn points to Hijacked for Demolition and Kill Confirmed, which improves the spawn-picking algorithm on that map in those game modes.
- Adjusted spawn influencers on Standoff for improved spawn-picking algorithms in all game modes.
- MSMC: Recoil has been increased.
- MSMC: Hip fire accuracy has been slightly reduced.
- PDW57: Recoil has been increased.
- PDW57: Hip fire accuracy has been slightly reduced.
- KAP-40: Dual wield damage reduced.
- KAP-40: Dual wield hip fire accuracy has been reduced.
- MMS: Cold blooded now renders enemies almost completely invisible to MMS.
- QBB-LSW: Medium range damage increased.
- HAMR: Medium range damage increased.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: Damage reduced when firing full auto.
- SMR + Select Fire: Damage reduced when firing full auto.
- Type 25: Move speed increased.
- Type 25: Medium range damage increased.
- SCAR: Long range damage increased.
- SWAT-556: Long range damage increased.
- M1216: Medium range damage increased.
- Ballista + Iron Sight: Idle sway reduced.
Zombies Issues Addressed
- Resolved several issues with exploitable areas in the Die Rise
- Resolved several exploits in Green Run
- Resolved network/connectivity issues that could occur in the frontend and lobbies.