Ground Branch Kickstarter

Discussion about co-op games, co-op board games, and more!
13 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Cpl Ledanek » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:50 pm

Requesting from Admin, permission to post a new Indie Tactical First Person Shooter from Blackfoot Studio called Ground Branch
Will not post link unless its OK with Admin(s)

Advance thanks for your consideration
Cpl Ledanek
Sprocket

Postby smurphster » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:29 am

No problem. Just keep it in one thread and I have no issue with it. We're big fans of indie developers so you're welcome here.

But... I have to ask. Does it have co-op? :lol:
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby Cpl Ledanek » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:23 am

Thank you

A: at this time, there is no SP to play Co-Op.

Here's the link to the Kickstart http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670 ... und-branch

And here's the Community http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/
There is a FAQ portion and history of the Company. Various threads on the game itself, and other games the Community play.
We do have good portion of CO-OP players and Indie game followers, hence, we thought we would
introduce our Community to your Community.

Again thanks for your support
Cpl Ledanek
Sprocket

Postby justabaldguy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Cpl Ledanek wrote:A: at this time, there is no SP to play Co-Op.
Aww, too bad. That means at this time there is no Kickstarter support from me! :D I do though wish you luck and hope later on down the road you'll have a co-op game for us to play.
When I'm down I drive the hearse.
Usual game times: Evenings around 7PM CST, and weekends from 1-3
Current co-op goals: BORDERLANDS 2!!
justabaldguy
Decepticon

Postby Cpl Ledanek » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:23 pm

per forum question

Question from Lightspeed, on 04 June 2012 - 06:43 AM, said:

yes id like to see something like that too.
objective based pvp would be cool. but not that cheesy arcadey crap like capture the flag or arm the bomb rubbish.
realistic objectives.

Jsonedecker (Developer)
We have game types like that planned for sure. Co-op can also take many forms other than just a story driven campaign experience. The old 'Terrorist Hunt' mode for instance is co-op and we will have that in the first release. Things will build from there.

more here http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/ ... topic=5851

last count

Backers 297
$20,725
pledged of $425,000 goal
Cpl Ledanek
Sprocket

Postby Cpl Ledanek » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:25 pm

this may interest you

View PostOelmuvun, on 05 June 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:
I need to clear up the terms you are using. Please correct me if I am interpreting them wrong.
Terrorist hunt = bunch of guys standing around/pre-set patrol paths like firefight in GR or thunt in rainbow six. No other objectives, basic AI.
True coop mission = varying objectives to hit, smartypants AI.
Soo.. what I am not understanding here is why you cannot have plain old missions like in GR.. but with dumb existing AI.(also like in GR) Is there something wrong with the AI in the story driven campaign? Is the story completely scripted or something? Or is the terrorist hunt AI setup to just run directly at you with guns blazing like in R6:Vegas?
What am I missing here?

I would like to say that if the dumb AI(presuming it exists) can even match original Ghost Recon and you give the option to do firefight or mission with objectives.. then I would be looking at getting my wallet. My disappointment in the past when reading about Ground Branch is because it always sounded like players vs AI coop(even basic) was simply a dream. It always sounded like it was not really going to happen without fancypants AI.

You have got my attention, what do I need to know?

'Terrorist Hunt (not sure what we will all it) is what you say. Bad guys standing around or on set patrols(though random) and you and your buddies go through the map taking them out. Our will also have basic objectives that can be done in any order as well. So you will have basic and objective TH.

The additional co-op we discuss for the stretch goal is the super swanky smart realtime AI that works off behaviors and is less scripted. Those will be actual mission style maps that have set objectives and are more what people think of when thinking of Ghost Recon co-op. There just will not be a story or narrative with it.

Hopefully that clears things up, but keep asking if it doesn't.

Cheers!

JohnS
Game Dev

Backers
$24,589
pledged of $425,000 goal
days to go
Cpl Ledanek
Sprocket

Postby Cpl Ledanek » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Update #6: Main Page Update and Mac Version!

Update #5: Update to Collector's Edition

Update #4: New Promo Video

Update #3: SWEET SOUNDS

Update #2: A big THANK YOU

Update #1: 2 New Reward Tiers Added
Cpl Ledanek
Sprocket

Postby Cpl Ledanek » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:24 pm

BACKERS
$43,999
PLEDGED OF $425,000 GOAL
Cpl Ledanek
Sprocket

Postby Cpl Ledanek » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:19 pm

I sit at home playing GR & Heroes Unleashed Mod....since 2001, I've been looking for a game that combines, GR and R6.

MOH SP was the last game that i rode like rollercoaster, mainly due to the books that supports the storylines.
Game wise, it doesn't reflect the Tactical Gaming that GR & R6 provided.

Since 2001, no FPS game has ever got closed.

Now that there is an alternative studio with a track record/history/true background from both games, its not a hard decision to back this studio up.

And the studio is already built....past tense. No need to do a fund raising on that issue.
As a matter of fact, there is a pre-alpha as seen on the video.

If you look at yourself in the mirror and call yourself a Tactical Gamer or tell your co-workers or friends you are, then THIS game is YOU.

This IS you.

This game was built around YOU.
This game was not designed and built at some foreign country where you come log-on the internet so you can come to THEM.

It was built, for you to use your mind and not hop on a Roller Coaster.
Atari made a game called Roller Coaster Tycoon... if that is how you like your game.

It was designed because you game using TACTICS. STRATEGY. LOGISTICS.

This game was built (past tense) by a developer who help designed the two games you LOOOOOVE.

He spent HIS OWN MONEY in a very tight economy so you have an alternative to FPS roller coaster gaming.

Now he is asking YOU to HELP, release this game.
Now he is asking YOU to SUPPORT and spread the word out, that TACTICAL GAMING is BACK in the FPS genre
Now he is asking YOU, the FPS TACTICAL Community, to step up and be heard. Be heard that YOU, the THINKING-MAN FPS, the TACTICAL gamer is DONE giving away $60 to a Roller Coaster Michael Bay arcade game.

Now he is asking YOU, to stop working DOUBLE SHIFTS so you can throw your HARD EARNED $60 game that will CON you to spending ANOTHER $10 ADDITIONAL CONTENTS, that may or may not be already in the DISC!

Why?

Because Ground Branch will now be in the hands of a MODDING COMMUNITY!

When was the last time COD allowed YOU the PAID (past tense) customer to mod YOUR GAME?

Now is the time to be heard from the BIG COMPANIES, we are DONE working DOUBLE SHIFTS just to give them $60.

SUPPORT
SPREAD THE WORD

get your Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six ...BACK!!!
Cpl Ledanek
Sprocket

Postby Cpl Ledanek » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP_dm57ufYI&hd=1

Ground Branch is mentioned also, mentioning that the COOP that they are working on

1,078 Backers
$57,085 pledged of $425,000 goal
16 days to go

either the money is reached on not, at least the "backers" are getting some recognitions :D
Cpl Ledanek
Sprocket

Postby Cpl Ledanek » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Ground Branch has a DRM-Free version, and supports Offline play!

Some of our community has expressed interest in being able to play the game, independent of Steam. We are pleased to announce that, every backer of Ground Branch, will now have the choice!

We will be providing two executables:

1. A Steam Release (which uses Steamworks for online features such as matchmaking, VOIP and Mod Distribution through the SteamWorkshop) and...

2. A DRM-Free version of the game, which can be played without an internet connection, and used for gamers with LAN-only setups or that want to play the solo portions of Ground Branch without connecting to the internet.

Both versions are free of install limits, and we are not using services like SecuROM. The Steam version can be used for offline LAN as well, but must use Valve's "Offline Mode" if you plan to be without a connection. Either way, all current and future backers have access to both, in the event that they need to be away from the internet! This is great news, if you're deployed, or just want to more easily host a LAN party and play our game!

Gamespy is no longer being considered.
Cpl Ledanek
Sprocket

Postby Cpl Ledanek » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:34 pm

ApexMods said it best

[quote name='ApexMods' timestamp='1340496378' post='590691']
Ground Branch fills the void between unrealistic run-and-gun action shooters like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Medal of Honor, etc. and complex war simulations like ARMA, VBS, and Operation Flashpoint. It is the only spiritual successor to Ghost Recon (2001), Rainbow Six (1998), SWAT 4 (2005), and UT Infiltration (2004) to date. If this Kickstarter does not reach its goal, we may never see another game of the true squad-based tactical shooter genre... ever again.
Ground Branch is already a playable pre-alpha running on fully licensed Unreal Engine 3. The Kickstarter goal is the money needed to finish the game and have it on your PC/Mac by summer 2013. There will be full multiplayer (objective-based TvT, PvP) and core single player/co-operation gameplay (e.g. terrorist hunt against bots) from the start. An intricate full-scale SP/Co-Op campaign and advanced AI will be added (for free) after release.
Unlike big publishers, Blackfoot Studios is an independent developer who actually cares about their product and their fans. The team consists of former Red Storm and Valve employees with dozens of AAA titles under their belt. These guys left well-paid jobs and turned starving indie to do what they love for the people they love. They mean what they say, answer all questions honestly, listen to feedback, and don't push any PR bullsh1t.

These 3 facts alone should be more than sufficient for anyone with a single drop of tac shooter blood in their veins to pledge whatever they can, and there's a plethora of detailed information at the Ground Branch web site to convince anyone still on the fence. BTW - anyone please feel free to copy / use the above verbatim when spreading the word for the Ground Branch Kickstarter in other forums, web site comments sections etc. There's still almost 2 weeks left, so I ask all of you GR diehards to please support this amazing project.
[/quote]
Cpl Ledanek
Sprocket

Postby Cpl Ledanek » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:44 pm

NOW THIS IS CRAZY!!! :o

Update #12: WE ARE ADDING SP/CO-OP FREE TO BACKERS

Posted about 12 hours ago

We have heard the message loud and clear and are happy to announce that we are going to offer ALL of our Kickstarter backers that pledged from the minimum $15 reward up, the Singleplayer/Co-Op portion (with advanced AI) of GROUND BRANCH for FREE :shock:
Every copy of the game gets this; So for example, if you get a FIRETEAM EDITION then all 4 copies will be eligible for the additional release.

This will be available some time after the initial release that will include full multiplayer (objective-based TvT, PvP) and core single player/co-operation gameplay (e.g. terrorist hunt against bots) from the start.
Let the world know so that we can all enjoy GROUND BRANCH!
SUPPORT THIS GAME TILL THE END OF KICKSTART PLEASE
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670743543/ground-branch
Cpl Ledanek
Sprocket

Return to Game Discussion