Kinect black friday deal back on! $99 for kinect and 3 games

Discussion about co-op games, co-op board games, and more!
13 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby blakepro » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Amazon has their black friday deal back in action today. You get the kinect, 3 games, and free shipping for $99. Thats the best deal I have ever found for the kinect, so if you've been waiting for a reason to jump in, now is your chance.

You can get it here
"If it had split screen, I'd buy it!"
blakepro
Proxy

Postby smurphster » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:40 pm

fixed your *cough*link*cough* typo :P
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby blakepro » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:47 pm

smurphster wrote:fixed your *cough*link*cough* typo :P

Thanks. :D
blakepro
Proxy

Postby txshurricane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:20 pm

Seriously, Murph? You edited the post to fix the link? :|
Staff Alumni
Former Editor
Co-Optimus.com
"Iron Sights"
icon by blakepro
txshurricane
HK-47

Postby smurphster » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:23 pm

txshurricane wrote:Seriously, Murph? You edited the post to fix the link? :|

yes... is something wrong?
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby BigBadBob113 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm guessing he edited it to pop in a link via Co-Optimus.
BigBadBob113
Proxy

Postby txshurricane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:13 pm

smurphster wrote:

yes... is something wrong?

Just surprised. I know you were being helpful. But it's kinda faux pas to edit something that doesn't violate the forum rules/guidelines.

BigBadBob113 wrote:I'm guessing he edited it to pop in a link via Co-Optimus.

I sure hope not! That would go from faux pas to downright dirty. :shock:
Staff Alumni
Former Editor
Co-Optimus.com
"Iron Sights"
icon by blakepro
txshurricane
HK-47

Postby smurphster » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:42 pm

jim, members have been asking me to do that for quite a while. i know, personally, that blakepro is very supportive of the site. he did, after all, thank me for editing the link. if i wanted to be sneaky about it, i wouldn't have made it obvious that i edited the link. i don't see why this is an issue anyway. why should someone else be benefiting from a link on co-optimus? if you post a link on slickdeals or any deals site, their software downright strips any tag you included and adds their own. if it makes you feel better, i can ADD a link with the co-optimus tag instead of editing the user-supplied link.
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby txshurricane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 pm

smurphster wrote:jim, members have been asking me to do that for quite a while. i know, personally, that blakepro is very supportive of the site. he did, after all, thank me for editing the link. if i wanted to be sneaky about it, i wouldn't have made it obvious that i edited the link.

Just a personal qualm, that's all. It surprised me, and I read it as a light chastisement rather than a friendly nudge.

smurphster wrote:i don't see why this is an issue anyway. why should someone else be benefiting from a link on co-optimus?

So make a rule, then.

smurphster wrote:if you post a link on slickdeals or any deals site, their software downright strips any tag you included and adds their own.

Thankfully Co-Optimus is not that desperate.

smurphster wrote:if it makes you feel better, i can ADD a link with the co-optimus tag instead of editing the user-supplied link.

That would have been more appropriate, I think. Or even making a news post out of it, wherein a CO-tagged link could have been placed.
Staff Alumni
Former Editor
Co-Optimus.com
"Iron Sights"
icon by blakepro
txshurricane
HK-47

Postby BigBadBob113 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:37 pm

I don't see this as being a big deal. I post links to deals on Amazon from time to time, and if a mod from the site was to edit my link to make it benefit the site I would have no problem with it...in fact I'd encourage it. If a mod was going to add an extra link to a subject, chances are people might miss it and just click the first link they see, which could result in the co-optimus supporting link not being used.
BigBadBob113
Proxy

Postby blakepro » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:00 pm

Full disclosure: the original link did have a amazon link code that was tied to a non co-optimus account. I'm not upset about the change though, I pretty much expected it and I'm happy to support co-optimus. I often come to co-optimus and click a link to get to amazon when I have something to buy just so they can get a little revenue share in the money I'm already going to spend.

Anyway, my real goal was to just let everyone know about the deal. regardless of who gets credit for the sale.

I just checked and the sale is still live, so you can still get on board for the best new price you will find around.
blakepro
Proxy

Postby Macrocephalus » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:39 am

smurphster wrote:jim, members have been asking me to do that for quite a while.

To edit links they post to add the Co-Optimus affiliate code or replace whatever affiliate code was already there with the Co-Optimus one? That seems like a slightly Orwellian assertion.

I'm not objecting, BTW, if there's a policy requiring that no competing affiliate codes be posted. I'm not saying I'd love the idea, but I can hang with it. Co-Optimus is a business and it needs to pay its bills. That's cool. But I do find it kind of creepy, at least in principle, for staff to actually edit people's posts without putting any kind of indication into the post itself.

I know, you posted a reply afterwards, but it's a slippery slope towards not doing so, the reply didn't make it 100% clear what was going on, and people could've just clicked the link and never even read the reply.

I'd be much more comfortable if (a) the site had an official policy on the matter clearly spelling out what will and won't be done, and (b) if that policy were to insert a clearly-labeled alternate link into the original post rather than to revise what the original poster wrote without proper attribution. You could put it before the original link to ensure that anyone who wants to could click the Co-Optimus link and support the site — as I would happily do in such a situation if I were planning to buy the linked item.
Macrocephalus
HK-47

Postby grommyfrog » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:26 am

Macrocephalus wrote:
smurphster wrote:jim, members have been asking me to do that for quite a while.

To edit links they post to add the Co-Optimus affiliate code or replace whatever affiliate code was already there with the Co-Optimus one? That seems like a slightly Orwellian assertion.

I can't remember where the thread is buried... Yes, we did ask for it. On more that a few occasions we gave smurfster a hard time for missing a few links.
grommyfrog
HK-47

Return to Game Discussion