(360) GRAW 1&2

Find other gamers to Co-Op With!

Moderator: smurphster

136 posts • Page 1 of 71, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7

Postby CoopBob » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:46 am

Just putting this out there. I don't know how many people have held onto their old GRAW disks but I thought it would be fun to set up a meet up and blast through the co-op campaigns for both games leading up to the release of Future Soldier.

I don't know if it's optimistic to think a whole campaign could be finished in a night but I was thinking 2 nights in mid April, 1 for each game.

Anyone interested?

To be honest I would still play any of the co-op modes at anytime with anyone :ugeek:
CoopBob
Robot

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:17 pm

I still got GRAW2. Never got the first game. This was the first game I took part in a Co-optimus event.

Availability Eastern Standard Time: Mon-Thurs (None), Friday (Evening) Sat-Sun (anytime)
Looking for Co-op: Borderlands (lvls=11, 15), L4D (co-op, vs), Halo 3: ODST (campaign, firefight), Saints Row 2, Halo:Reach
Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby CoopBob » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:17 pm

Mrxknown_JG wrote:I still got GRAW2. Never got the first game. This was the first game I took part in a Co-optimus event.

Well that's fine. 2 is essentially the improved version as 1 so it would be the better one to get in to anyway.
CoopBob
Robot

Postby smurphster » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:53 pm

I have 2... I think. Always willing to play anything.
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby Bakken Hood » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:43 pm

GRAW 2 is literally the reason I'm on this site. I still have my copy, and I'm down to fire it up again.
Bakken Hood
Johnny 5

Postby CoopBob » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:08 am

Ok, so I've taken a look at the calender and I'm assuming Fridays are best for everyone, so that would make the first night the 13?

I would prefer to try and find a date and time that fits everyone who is interested so that date is negotiable. I can do mid week as well or Saturday if easier for anyone.

Just let me know ;)
CoopBob
Robot

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:27 pm

CoopBob wrote:Ok, so I've taken a look at the calender and I'm assuming Fridays are best for everyone, so that would make the first night the 13?

I would prefer to try and find a date and time that fits everyone who is interested so that date is negotiable. I can do mid week as well or Saturday if easier for anyone.

Just let me know ;)

Works for me...

Availability Eastern Standard Time: Mon-Thurs (None), Friday (Evening) Sat-Sun (anytime)
Looking for Co-op: Borderlands (lvls=11, 15), L4D (co-op, vs), Halo 3: ODST (campaign, firefight), Saints Row 2, Halo:Reach
Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby Bakken Hood » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:03 pm

I work late-ish on Fridays, so it'll have to be after 9 PM CST or thereabouts. I can do earlier most days, though 7 CST is pretty much the earliest I can go during the workweek.
Bakken Hood
Johnny 5

Postby smurphster » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:24 pm

my schedule has been all out of wack lately so we'll see. i'd really like to get some time in on GRAW 2 since it's been so long and i love me some realistic shooters :)
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby CoopBob » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Ya, my schedule has been hectic lately as well and I've had trouble committing to gaming times.

Ok, so this is how I'll play it, the week of the 13th is when I would like to get this rolling; going into that week I'll do my best to coordinate so that everyone can make it. Bakken, we won't let time zone differences or work screw with getting you in on some good ol' GRAW action ;)

Also, I think if we all get in, that makes 4, so a couple of more are definitely welcome to join if interested. :)
CoopBob
Robot

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:18 am

So forget to check and see what DLC everyone has. I believe I got them all even the NoWhere map.

Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby smurphster » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:55 am

Mrxknown_JG wrote:So forget to check and see what DLC everyone has. I believe I got them all even the NoWhere map.

I don't have the two co-op packs... I don't know how I missed those. :shock:

If everyone else has them, I'll pick them up. At this point, it's been so long that the original maps will feel the same as "new" DLC maps :)

Speaking of DLC, isn't this game really picky about what everyone has installed? I seem to remember not being able to join a custom game if the host had different DLC, even if we weren't playing that DLC.
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:52 am

smurphster wrote:
Mrxknown_JG wrote:So forget to check and see what DLC everyone has. I believe I got them all even the NoWhere map.

I don't have the two co-op packs... I don't know how I missed those. :shock:

If everyone else has them, I'll pick them up. At this point, it's been so long that the original maps will feel the same as "new" DLC maps :)

Speaking of DLC, isn't this game really picky about what everyone has installed? I seem to remember not being able to join a custom game if the host had different DLC, even if we weren't playing that DLC.

That's why I asked.

The host has to have the same maps as anyone joining. So if someone hosts that has all the DLC, then someone that doesn't can't join. But if someone that just has the game and no DLC hosts, everyone can join!

Understand? So it doesn't matter and I wouldn't want you to buy new maps if you aren't going to get much use out of them. You could host though ;)

Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby CoopBob » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Ya, I have all the maps. I didn't know that about the hosting. I bought them during one of the 50% off sales and have barely touched them because nobody plays these games anymore. If coincidentally they go on sale I would say buy them and then I'd make sure you got your moneys worth over the next few weeks :lol: but i wouldn't ask you to get them at full price - we can just stick to the main stuff. There was tons of content and re playability as it is.

i swear, these games had co-op so close to perfect. There are so many modes and maps it's great.
CoopBob
Robot

Postby Bakken Hood » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:35 pm

BTW, hosts can "disable" DLC from one of the menus without deleting it. This allows players with DLC to host games anyone can join, although of course the DLC maps aren't available during that game.

If I remember right, there are two paid "co-op" packs with extra maps and co-op campaign missions (well worth the money), and two free "throwback packs" that don't have anything but maps. There's also a standalone map called "Nowhere" that you download through one of the in-game menus; I think you might need an Ubisoft account to get it. Personally, with all the dozens of other maps, I don't think Nowhere is worth it, so I vote skip it and avoid hosting conflicts.
Bakken Hood
Johnny 5

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Bakken Hood wrote:BTW, hosts can "disable" DLC from one of the menus without deleting it. This allows players with DLC to host games anyone can join, although of course the DLC maps aren't available during that game.

If I remember right, there are two paid "co-op" packs with extra maps and co-op campaign missions (well worth the money), and two free "throwback packs" that don't have anything but maps. There's also a standalone map called "Nowhere" that you download through one of the in-game menus; I think you might need an Ubisoft account to get it. Personally, with all the dozens of other maps, I don't think Nowhere is worth it, so I vote skip it and avoid hosting conflicts.

I love the NoWhere map. There's also a gun-pack DLC too. Can't remember...

Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby Bakken Hood » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:54 pm

I think the "more guns" pack was for single player only and didn't work.

Edit: confirmed on the first point, more or less confirmed on the second (there's some inane procedure for actually making it usable).
Bakken Hood
Johnny 5

Postby Raines » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:24 am

I've got GRAW 2 with all DLC.
Raines
Robot

Postby CoopBob » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Raines wrote:I've got GRAW 2 with all DLC.

Awesome. We've got lots of space :)

I was wondering how does a weeknight sound for everyone? I was thinking Wednesday 9PM EST. I just suggest this because Friday sounded like it might not work for all. Friday is also still good for me, I was just thinking if Wednesday was better we could do that as well.
CoopBob
Robot

Postby Bakken Hood » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Wednesday at 9 EST? I think I can do that.
Bakken Hood
Johnny 5

Next

Return to Co-Op Meetup