(360) GRAW 1&2

Find other gamers to Co-Op With!

Moderator: smurphster

136 posts • Page 3 of 71, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:14 pm

I will be out of town from Friday to Monday. But I will love to be able to do this again the following week. So far, just Fri-Sun are the only days I'm good for.

Availability Eastern Standard Time: Mon-Thurs (None), Friday (Evening) Sat-Sun (anytime)
Looking for Co-op: Borderlands (lvls=11, 15), L4D (co-op, vs), Halo 3: ODST (campaign, firefight), Saints Row 2, Halo:Reach
Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby CoopBob » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:34 am

Almost forgot to mention that I'll be looking to get into this again on Wednesday and Friday 9pm EST.
CoopBob
Robot

Postby Bakken Hood » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:52 pm

I should be able to make it on Wednesday.
Bakken Hood
Johnny 5

Postby Bakken Hood » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:03 am

*sigh* I stood you up for another GRAW night, didn't I? Classes ran late, then I got invited to a friend's house for dinner. Well, I should be able to make it on Friday night, unless some other stuff happens.
Bakken Hood
Johnny 5

Postby CoopBob » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:55 am

Bakken Hood wrote:*sigh* I stood you up for another GRAW night, didn't I? Classes ran late, then I got invited to a friend's house for dinner. Well, I should be able to make it on Friday night, unless some other stuff happens.

Sheesh, and I brought a nice bottle of wine and everything! Nah, I'm kinda taking this as if people are on and want to play then great, if not I have a huge back log of games I want to get through as well. Besides, I kinda hope that people put real life plans ahead of a game meet-up ;) Hope to see you Friday then :)
CoopBob
Robot

Postby BionicLyon » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Ok...I am available if anyone else is...
RIP...mygamercard.net
BionicLyon
Lil' Robot

Postby CoopBob » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:58 am

Ok, that was a pretty good session on Friday :) Although I don't know what is up with that Locks mission or whatever it's called... I just can't seem to get too far in that one. I think if we are going to try that one again then we need to come up with a strategy to keep everyone alive.

How is everyone's interest still going on this? Are Wednesdays and Fridays still good? Because I can switch it up if need be. Actually, speaking of which, I'll be out this Friday watching the Avengers movie so if Thursday works we could do that. AND I think I'll be available all day Saturday to get something rolling too.
CoopBob
Robot

Postby smurphster » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:09 am

I keep missing you guys :(. I should be free on Wednesday but Thursday is our staff meeting at 9. I might jump on for a bit before that.
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby BionicLyon » Tue May 01, 2012 10:20 pm

I am ok with anyday but Sun-Thur I need to duck out a little after 10 to head to work. Friday was nice to not have to worry about needing to leave. I would be willing to do some Saturday but would need to be after dark. I am helping my brother move. I must also say I had a blast on Friday though. I have been practicing though so I am not such dead weight on you guys. lol
RIP...mygamercard.net
BionicLyon
Lil' Robot

Postby smurphster » Wed May 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Are we still on for tonight?
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby Bakken Hood » Wed May 02, 2012 5:35 pm

I'll be on. Any idea what time we're looking at?
Bakken Hood
Johnny 5

Postby CoopBob » Wed May 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Bakken Hood wrote:I'll be on. Any idea what time we're looking at?

Oh, hey guys, ya, I'll be on tonight around 9EST. Maybe earlier but by 9 for sure. Sorry for not being more clear.
CoopBob
Robot

Postby smurphster » Wed May 02, 2012 8:50 pm

NOW!
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby CoopBob » Thu May 03, 2012 9:45 am

As we talked about last night, if people are around on Saturday I'll be looking to get a game going. I'm going to be loitering around all day on xbl so if anyone is on and wants to get something going impromptu we can do that. Otherwise let's stick to the evening only earlier - say 8ish.

We finished the basic campaign last night (unfortunately just after BionicLyon left) so I figure we can finish any maps people didn't get, or work on achievements, or even just do some co-op elimination.

It's funny how there definitely seems to be an element of luck in this game. There was that one moment where I look away for a split second and some jerk pops out and snipes Bakken. Or each time where Smurph and I get nailed by a precision split-second firing grenadier. And then on the final run I lost track of how many times I should have died but didn't - I took 3 bullets and didn't go down, and had a couple of run-ins where the enemy missed me from point blank. Sometimes I'm rolling through terrorists like Rambo and then get hit by some random stray shot from across the map, and then the time that I'm probably not playing all that well and we get to the end. It's probably part of the fun and the frustration.
CoopBob
Robot

Postby smurphster » Thu May 03, 2012 10:42 am

CoopBob wrote:It's funny how there definitely seems to be an element of luck in this game. There was that one moment where I look away for a split second and some jerk pops out and snipes Bakken. Or each time where Smurph and I get nailed by a precision split-second firing grenadier. And then on the final run I lost track of how many times I should have died but didn't - I took 3 bullets and didn't go down, and had a couple of run-ins where the enemy missed me from point blank. Sometimes I'm rolling through terrorists like Rambo and then get hit by some random stray shot from across the map, and then the time that I'm probably not playing all that well and we get to the end. It's probably part of the fun and the frustration.

It's realism! We're up against an army that doesn't have the same level of training as us :roll:

Last night was a fun one. I missed out on "The Cut" and "Locks" so I'd like to run through those if anyone else is up for it. I wouldn't mind doing any of the missions again as well. Saturday *might* work. I wish they'd drop the price on the DLC!
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby Bakken Hood » Thu May 03, 2012 3:59 pm

How much are they asking for the DLC? Since I bought it already, I can't see the price. I think I hit a sale and paid five bucks for each pack, and in hindsight I'd have thought $10 was a steal. Given what you get for $10 in Halo or CoD, five bucks for six missions and countless hours of joy is nothing.

Good time last night. I can't believe we pulled off Hideout with three people! I swear that one's tougher than Locks, but our record says otherwise...anyway, Smurph, I'm happy to help you pick up Locks or The Cut, or any of the DLC missions if any of you get them. Hope you can make it on Saturday.
Bakken Hood
Johnny 5

Postby smurphster » Thu May 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Huh... They are $5 each. I could have sworn they were $10. Everyone is going to be playing GRFS once it comes out though so I'm not sure if it's worth it at this point (plus, we still have to finish Halo Wars). I'll be sure to keep up with the DLC for GRFS :D
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby smurphster » Thu May 03, 2012 8:49 pm

PS: I figured out what was wrong w/ my network... No more moderate NAT. It's all better now :)
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby BionicLyon » Fri May 04, 2012 5:26 am

CoopBob wrote:As we talked about last night, if people are around on Saturday I'll be looking to get a game going. I'm going to be loitering around all day on xbl so if anyone is on and wants to get something going impromptu we can do that. Otherwise let's stick to the evening only earlier - say 8ish.

We finished the basic campaign last night (unfortunately just after BionicLyon left) so I figure we can finish any maps people didn't get, or work on achievements, or even just do some co-op elimination.

It's funny how there definitely seems to be an element of luck in this game. There was that one moment where I look away for a split second and some jerk pops out and snipes Bakken. Or each time where Smurph and I get nailed by a precision split-second firing grenadier. And then on the final run I lost track of how many times I should have died but didn't - I took 3 bullets and didn't go down, and had a couple of run-ins where the enemy missed me from point blank. Sometimes I'm rolling through terrorists like Rambo and then get hit by some random stray shot from across the map, and then the time that I'm probably not playing all that well and we get to the end. It's probably part of the fun and the frustration.

Yeah well we would have got it awhile ago if I wasn't such a bonehead and let those guys hiding in the shed take me out. Well I did get one of them but still. My bad. lol The DLC I got back in when XBL was doing a UBIsoft 50% off sale. I so I think I paid 400 MSP for both of them. I still need 3, 4, 6, and the DLC. I am willing to replay anything that anyone needs too or if we get any new people that need it.

I have also been going trying out all the weapons and I think I found one I like. I think I will be much more effective now or at least I hope to be. lol
RIP...mygamercard.net
BionicLyon
Lil' Robot

Postby CoopBob » Fri May 04, 2012 7:55 am

BionicLyon wrote:I have also been going trying out all the weapons and I think I found one I like. I think I will be much more effective now or at least I hope to be. lol

Hey, don't sweat it, if you recall on the first mission I got shot by the first enemy we encountered and watched the three of you go on to clear it :lol:

And for the DLC, I bought it on sale too. I still think even at it's current price it's worth it. Although, I don't know if it still is, but I remember for the longest time the DLC for the first GRAW was more expensive than GRAW2. If anyone does decide to buy it, I would still be willing to run through it because I haven't really ever done so myself. By the time the sale came out no one was playing the game anymore! I think even after the new game comes out, even if I get it (likely), I will still go back to this. I'm kinda impressed with how well the co-op still holds up!
CoopBob
Robot

PreviousNext

Return to Co-Op Meetup