[Xbox Live Arcade] - Spelunky

Discussion about co-op games, co-op board games, and more!
10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Cubninja » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:39 am

Link: Co-Optimus Entry

Please keep all discussion of Spelunky for the Xbox Live Arcade in this thread.
While on the forums I type hard and fast. Please don't hold my typos against me. I'm trying to use my meager powers for good. If my advice gets you killed, I apologize in advance.
Cubninja
Site Admin

Postby Raines » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Raines
Robot

Postby BigBadBob113 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Man I wish this game had online co-op. I'm enjoying it now and would love to play co-op, and maybe even a death match, but without online play that's not going to happen. Here's a tip: if you play that Sales & Specials+ app off the Dashboard and then do the Scratch and Match game, you will receive a heavy discount on the game. I only used 480 points for it, and it's normally 1200. That deal only shows up after playing a round of Scratch and Match though.
BigBadBob113
Proxy

Postby Macrocephalus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:30 pm

BigBadBob113 wrote:Man I wish this game had online co-op. I'm enjoying it now and would love to play co-op, and maybe even a death match, but without online play that's not going to happen. Here's a tip: if you play that Sales & Specials+ app off the Dashboard and then do the Scratch and Match game, you will receive a heavy discount on the game. I only used 480 points for it, and it's normally 1200. That deal only shows up after playing a round of Scratch and Match though.

This is a perfect example of a game I'd buy if it had online co-op but I won't since it doesn't. Bummer.
Macrocephalus
HK-47

Postby Admiral Ackbar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Yeah it is incredibly weird that it doesn't. Maybe we'll get it in a bizarre many years late patch like Scott Pilgrim.
Admiral Ackbar
Sprocket

Postby Raines » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:48 pm

Online co-op wouldn't help this one. With the game mechanics the way they are co-op makes Spelunky even harder than it is already.
Raines
Robot

Postby Macrocephalus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:18 am

Raines wrote:Online co-op wouldn't help this one. With the game mechanics the way they are co-op makes Spelunky even harder than it is already.

Interesting, but difficulty isn't why I would buy it if it had online co-op. It's just the sort of game I'd have much more fun playing with a friend, that's all.
Macrocephalus
HK-47

Postby BigBadBob113 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:38 pm

Raines wrote:Online co-op wouldn't help this one. With the game mechanics the way they are co-op makes Spelunky even harder than it is already.

It's like the New Super Mario Bros. series...the co-op does make things more challenging, in that all the players can bump into each other and have to keep pace with the main player. Plus, just like an old school game would be, "friendly fire" is turned on, so you have to be careful where you lash out your whip. The main thing about the game is that you do die a lot, and it's fun rather than frustrating, so having some buddies to play with does indeed increase the enjoyment of the game, though it does make the game even harder than playing solo.
BigBadBob113
Proxy

Postby Raines » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Raines
Robot

Postby BigBadBob113 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:44 pm

Raines wrote:Some DLC has been released:

http://www.xblafans.com/spelunky-gets-t ... 63739.html

That's pretty lame...I don't want character skins and multiplayer levels. What I want is an additional campaign area and online co-op! But seeing how they are pumping out support for the game, perhaps these features are in the works.
BigBadBob113
Proxy

Return to Game Discussion