[Playstation 3] - Dead Island

Discussion about co-op games, co-op board games, and more!
133 posts • Page 3 of 71, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Postby Macrocephalus » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:13 pm

I STILL don't have Dead Island, though now I'm starting to suspect something's going on with my mail, since I've had absolutely nothing — not even junk — for two days running, which is very, very unusual.
Image
User avatar
Macrocephalus
HK-47
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Postby BigBadBob113 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:50 am

Just a warning to all...the patch is out today, but it definitely has at least one drawback. We noticed that after installing the patch, the trophy progress dropped to zero. For example, one trophy requires you to kill X amount of zombies, and instead of being 100+ like it should have been, it was down to zero. So if you're really close to getting a trophy, you may want to wait to receive it before you patch, or maybe even wait to see if they release a patch to patch the patch.
User avatar
BigBadBob113
Proxy
 
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:53 am
Location: Charlotte, NC (EST)

Postby SecretAsianManz » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:07 am

grommyfrog wrote:
SecretAsianManz wrote:Question to all you zombie hunters out there. The original profile of Xian Mei, the one that describes her as working on the island to learn about different cultures and people, is totally different from that of the prequel comic. Is one of these correct? It's possible that both are correct in a way, but seeing as I probably won't be playing the game any time soon (possibly ever) I am curious about which background is used. I don't care about spoilers so tell me anything, although it might be wise to use the spoiler tag so it's not ruined for others.


I don't know...? Haven't tried Xian Mei yet.

There hasn't been ANY story so far. Just an island full of zombies to kill. It has less of a plot than Borderlands!

No story at all huh? I wasn't expecting a sweeping epic or anything, but I figured since they went to all the trouble of making a comic for it, there would at least be something. I mean, even L4D had a basic plot beyond "don't die".
PSN: SecrettAsianMan
XBL: SecretAsianManz
Steam ID: SecretAsianManz
User avatar
SecretAsianManz
Robot
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:53 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Postby grommyfrog » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:51 am

SecretAsianManz wrote:No story at all huh? I wasn't expecting a sweeping epic or anything, but I figured since they went to all the trouble of making a comic for it, there would at least be something. I mean, even L4D had a basic plot beyond "don't die".


None that I have seen yet. Help people for XP/Loot and don't Die. Maybe Act 3 holds something that'll tie the story together.
Last edited by grommyfrog on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
grommyfrog
HK-47
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 am
Location: Texas

Postby Macrocephalus » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:04 am

BigBadBob113 wrote:Just a warning to all...the patch is out today, but it definitely has at least one drawback. We noticed that after installing the patch, the trophy progress dropped to zero. For example, one trophy requires you to kill X amount of zombies, and instead of being 100+ like it should have been, it was down to zero. So if you're really close to getting a trophy, you may want to wait to receive it before you patch, or maybe even wait to see if they release a patch to patch the patch.


Hah, well, I hope whoever stole my copy out of the mail got bitten by that patch HARD! :)
Image
User avatar
Macrocephalus
HK-47
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Postby grommyfrog » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:05 am

Well....

Sony has pulled the Dead Island 1.01 Patch. You know, the one that deleted all of our stats, corrupted the auto save feature and is most likely the reason we can't play online together.

There are no "Official" forums for Dead Island and Deep Silver is handing off the problems to Techland.

Dear Customer,

thank you for your inquiry.

Since there are currently problems with the server infrastructure, we had to
turn off the multiplayer function. We are working hard on this problem and
hope we will soon be able to provide you with the multiplayer function again.


Note: If you reply to this Email please do not edit the subject line. Thank
you!

Best regards

Your Support Team

Deep Silver Inc.
Technical Support
900 Larkspur Landing Circle
Larkspur CA 94939 / USA

Technical support:
08:00 (8:00 am) Pacific Time to 17:00 Pacific Time (5:00 pm)
Phone: 1-888-883-1505
Email: techsupport@deepsilver.com
Webpage: http://www.deepsilver.com
Image
User avatar
grommyfrog
HK-47
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 am
Location: Texas

Postby Macrocephalus » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:21 am

grommyfrog wrote:Sony has pulled the Dead Island 1.01 Patch. You know, the one that deleted all of our stats, corrupted the auto save feature and is most likely the reason we can't play online together.


Wait, WHAT??? You mean I FINALLY get the damn game and now I can't play it with you guys? FTW?!?!?
Image
User avatar
Macrocephalus
HK-47
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Postby BigBadBob113 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:28 am

Macrocephalus wrote:
grommyfrog wrote:Sony has pulled the Dead Island 1.01 Patch. You know, the one that deleted all of our stats, corrupted the auto save feature and is most likely the reason we can't play online together.


Wait, WHAT??? You mean I FINALLY get the damn game and now I can't play it with you guys? FTW?!?!?


Yup, I was pretty pissed last night when I was all geared up to go zombie stabbing and Grommy and I couldn't get a game going. This is another reason why I won't mind being PS3-less for awhile, seeing how I can't even play the damn game online at the moment.
User avatar
BigBadBob113
Proxy
 
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:53 am
Location: Charlotte, NC (EST)

Postby grommyfrog » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:43 am

Macrocephalus wrote:
grommyfrog wrote:Sony has pulled the Dead Island 1.01 Patch. You know, the one that deleted all of our stats, corrupted the auto save feature and is most likely the reason we can't play online together.


Wait, WHAT??? You mean I FINALLY get the damn game and now I can't play it with you guys? FTW?!?!?


Yup, pretty much.

Your brand new character will be able to join a game. But, once you leave the game and your character is registered on the servers you will be unable to play online. I tried it last night--- Existing players are not able to connect online. The match making menu has blocked the in game "Game Lobby" menu for a lot of players. I can access it but everything in it is grayed out.
Image
User avatar
grommyfrog
HK-47
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 am
Location: Texas

Postby dman21 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:58 am

grommyfrog wrote:Your brand new character will be able to join a game. But, once you leave the game and your character is registered on the servers you will be unable to play online. I tried it last night--- Existing players are not able to connect online. The match making menu has blocked the in game "Game Lobby" menu for a lot of players. I can access it but everything in it is grayed out.


:x :x :x

Well, I guess I am glad I am not too far into the game, since it looks like I will be starting over with a new character whenever this issue gets straightened out. Until then, I will be be killing Chimera.
Image
User avatar
dman21
Johnny 5
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:04 am
Location: Minnesota

Postby grommyfrog » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:03 pm

dman21 wrote:
grommyfrog wrote:Your brand new character will be able to join a game. But, once you leave the game and your character is registered on the servers you will be unable to play online. I tried it last night--- Existing players are not able to connect online. The match making menu has blocked the in game "Game Lobby" menu for a lot of players. I can access it but everything in it is grayed out.


:x :x :x

Well, I guess I am glad I am not too far into the game, since it looks like I will be starting over with a new character whenever this issue gets straightened out. Until then, I will be be killing Chimera.


Until they flip the switch back on... I'm thinking about paying the $10 for the R3 Online Pass.
Image
User avatar
grommyfrog
HK-47
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 am
Location: Texas

Postby grommyfrog » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:19 pm

:( This isn't much better! Ouch, this is a pretty tough work around (That only works occasionally) to the save game issues.

Dear Customer,

thank you for your inquiry.

It seems at the moment that if you have your online settings set to co-op,
your data will not save at all.

Here's a little workaround for this problem:
- Quit your game and restart your PS3
- Log out from PSN
- Change your settings to single player at the main menu without loading a
save game
- Launch the game again and see if that works better. It seems to be the only
thing improving the situation - at least for some players.
If this works for you, don't forget to log out from PSN before your next
gaming session, otherwise you'll be haunted again by the glitch.
Also don't forget to switch PS3 autoplay off if it is switched on, otherwise
you won't get a chance to log out from PSN before the game starts, which is
important for the workaround.

We are working day and night to fix this autosave bug. The second patch, which
will be released later this week, will finally resolve this problem.
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused.

Note: If you reply to this Email please do not edit the subject line. Thank
you!

Best regards

Your Support Team

Deep Silver Inc.
Technical Support
900 Larkspur Landing Circle
Larkspur CA 94939 / USA
Image
User avatar
grommyfrog
HK-47
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 am
Location: Texas

Postby Macrocephalus » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:33 pm

OK, so should I not even play Dead Island at all until this is resolved? Given that once the problems are fixed, I want to play co-op with you guys?
Image
User avatar
Macrocephalus
HK-47
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Postby grommyfrog » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Macrocephalus wrote:OK, so should I not even play Dead Island at all until this is resolved? Given that once the problems are fixed, I want to play co-op with you guys?


It's really fun to play! I want to play it....

But, it's pointless with the save game issues. I would tell you to play through the prologue and just play with it set to single player mode. If you don't go online you should be okay.
Image
User avatar
grommyfrog
HK-47
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 am
Location: Texas

Postby Macrocephalus » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:56 pm

grommyfrog wrote:But, it's pointless with the save game issues. I would tell you to play through the prologue and just play with it set to single player mode. If you don't go online you should be okay.


But what happens later when I want to switch to online co-op?

Maybe I should just stick to Resistance 3 and Warhammer for now. Jeez. After all that frustration waiting for the damn thing to arrive and all the anticipation of playing it… now this.
Image
User avatar
Macrocephalus
HK-47
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Postby grommyfrog » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:54 pm

I think they threw the switch to "ON" last night.I managed to play a few hours online just messing around in the resort area. We didn't want to progress very far before checking our saves. Saved like it was suppose to.
Image
User avatar
grommyfrog
HK-47
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 am
Location: Texas

Postby BigBadBob113 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:41 am

So how is the online play going now? Are things still messed up or have they fixed it?
User avatar
BigBadBob113
Proxy
 
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:53 am
Location: Charlotte, NC (EST)

Postby NonApplicable » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:00 am

I'm looking for 3 co-op partners to grab the originality and menage a trois trophies with. I will be starting a new game as Puma. Three different characters are required, so please be flexible with what character you use.

Send me a friend request and we will hopefully get things co-ordinated. PSN: NonApplicable
NonApplicable
Sprocket
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:44 am

Postby dman21 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:41 pm

BigBadBob113 wrote:So how is the online play going now? Are things still messed up or have they fixed it?


I played with Grommy and another dude on Friday night. For whatever reason, I was able to join their game but they were not able to join my game. However, once we got in the same game everything worked. The game is still buggy, but when you are able to run co-op, it is a blast.

Dead Island handles players with different levels really well. I was level 9 and jumped in with two level 30s and I was still able to be effective and do some damage. Then Grommy, who is level 30, jumped into my game when I was level 13 and he was not ridiculously overpowered, and the game dropped some level appropriate loot for him.

At the moment, I am level 16. If anyone sees me online send me an invite, and I will do the same.
Image
User avatar
dman21
Johnny 5
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:04 am
Location: Minnesota

Postby BigBadBob113 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:40 pm

dman21 wrote:
BigBadBob113 wrote:So how is the online play going now? Are things still messed up or have they fixed it?


I played with Grommy and another dude on Friday night. For whatever reason, I was able to join their game but they were not able to join my game. However, once we got in the same game everything worked. The game is still buggy, but when you are able to run co-op, it is a blast.


Yeah, the only bug I hated was the one messing up save files. I can deal with the other silly bugs throughout the game as long as I can get a match going and my progress is saved.
User avatar
BigBadBob113
Proxy
 
Posts: 2091
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:53 am
Location: Charlotte, NC (EST)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Discussion