raptr

Discuss Anything and Everything

Moderator: smurphster

21 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Postby bradleypariah » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Hey guys, see my raptr badge below? No? GARGH!! :lol:

That's my problem.
Anybody know why I'm having problems with mine?
Every time I edit my signature, this forum says, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image."

Did you guys find a work-around for this, or am I the only one experiencing it?
[img]http://raptr.com/badge/bradleypariah/fs.png[/img]
bradleypariah
Sprocket

Postby blakepro » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:18 pm

bradleypariah wrote:Hey guys, see my raptr badge below? No? GARGH!! :lol:

That's my problem.
Anybody know why I'm having problems with mine?
Every time I edit my signature, this forum says, "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image."

Did you guys find a work-around for this, or am I the only one experiencing it?

Bradleypariah, its not just you. Either Raptr, or co-optimus has changed and made it so these wont work in their current state. I'm willing to bet its something with the way Raptr is generating the images now, but if I go to my signature and try to edit it, it wont allow me to use the image that is currently in my sig because it co-optimus cant determine the dimensions of the image. So we either need to figure out a way to get the raptr images into another format, or we need co-optimus to loosen its restrictions on image dimensions.
"If it had split screen, I'd buy it!"
blakepro
Proxy

Postby smurphster » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:05 am

what? when did this start happening? there are a bunch of people who use raptr sigs.
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby Armor Biff » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:19 pm

One of my Steam friends has the same problem, her username here is Panda Smile. She has asked me several times how I added the signature. She already tried with atleast 4 different web browsers (IE, firefox, Chrome and Opera) , and gets same error message about the dimensions of the image. The signature appears to work fine on other websites. :?
Looking to co-op: Borderlands 2, Crackdown 2, D&D: Chronicles of Mystara, Dead Island, Gears of War 3 & Judgment, Halo Reach, Lost Planet 2, Sacred 2, Serious Sam 3, Syndicate
Borderlands 2, Dead Island, Diablo 3, Dungeon Defenders, FarCry 3, Lost Planet 2, Payday 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Sanctum 2, Serious Sam 3
Armor Biff
Johnny 5

Postby blakepro » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:18 pm

It all boils down to the co-optimus image size limitations.

The system only allows for images that are 640 pixels wide or less. There may be a cap on the height as well. Thats all fine and dandy because the Raptr images are not wider than 640. Where the problem comes in is that if the forum programming cannot determine the dimensions of the image for some reason. So it wont allow you to post it, even if its in compliance. If you were to save your raptr image as a .jpg instead of a .png it would likely be able to determine the size and you would be fine, but then you would loose the nice auto update features of having a Raptr sig...

There are no really easy solutions on your end. Something would need to change with either co-optimus to detect better or allow more freedom for images, or for Raptr to start using a different format. They probably choose PNG because it allows for transparency in the image. And maybe that has something to do with the difficulty in determining the exact size of the image. Either way, something needs to change if this is going to work.

PS, I miss panda smile you should tell her to visit more often.
blakepro
Proxy

Postby bradleypariah » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:34 pm

What I don't understand is, why am I able to see all of yours?

Can you see your own sigs when logged in, or only other peoples'?

When you look at mine, it's just BB code tags, right?

I can see the raptr sig image of every single person who responded to this thread (thanks for doing so, btw!)
[img]http://raptr.com/badge/bradleypariah/fs.png[/img]
bradleypariah
Sprocket

Postby Armor Biff » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:13 pm

I can see mine and the others raptr signatures just fine. Panda Smile even wanted to add the same one as I have (latest achievements), but could not. So something has changed lately. If it had always been restricted (or giving that error message) like now, then no one would have their raptr signatures here. Weird stuff, but hopefully Nick or someone else from the co-optimus staff can explain whats going on.
Looking to co-op: Borderlands 2, Crackdown 2, D&D: Chronicles of Mystara, Dead Island, Gears of War 3 & Judgment, Halo Reach, Lost Planet 2, Sacred 2, Serious Sam 3, Syndicate
Borderlands 2, Dead Island, Diablo 3, Dungeon Defenders, FarCry 3, Lost Planet 2, Payday 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Sanctum 2, Serious Sam 3
Armor Biff
Johnny 5

Postby blakepro » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:07 pm

I suspect it has something to do with the way Raptr stores the images or something. They changed something since the time that we all activated our signatures.

If you look at all of our signatures, we are using the old format of raptr sigs that used a long code instead of your username in the file path.

http://raptr.com/badge/5168a49425de5bd5 ... f5/ach.png
http://raptr.com/badge/72cc9646847eeb71 ... 7a/fss.png
http://raptr.com/badge/e1e7b473350d959d ... 739/fs.png

Instead of something like http://raptr.com/badge/bradleypariah/fs.png

Does that mean if you deciphered your code you could swap it with your username in the file path and be good to go? No. I tried it already. I even figured out how you could look up your code but it wont work. All that this indicates is that we all activated our signatures a while ago, BEFORE this became a problem.

If I go to my sig and try to edit it, co-optimus will not allow me to save my signature with the same raptr image I'm using right now.
blakepro
Proxy

Postby smurphster » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm

nick is looking at it. clearly if you were able to add it to your sig before, phpBB3 allows it, but if not, it won't let you save.

does anyone use the same signature on another phpBB3 forum (if you understand what i'm asking)? i'm not sure if this is a phpBB3 issue or raptr.
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby blakepro » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:54 pm

smurphster wrote:nick is looking at it. clearly if you were able to add it to your sig before, phpBB3 allows it, but if not, it won't let you save.

does anyone use the same signature on another phpBB3 forum (if you understand what i'm asking)? i'm not sure if this is a phpBB3 issue or raptr.

Is there an easy way to tell what language a forum is using? perhaps by looking at the page source code or something?
blakepro
Proxy

Postby smurphster » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:04 pm

it usually says near the bottom of every page.