Skyrim

Discussion about co-op games, co-op board games, and more!
288 posts • Page 14 of 151 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Postby BigBadBob113 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:45 am

Anyone played it on the PS3 with the new patch yet, particularly in regards to the lag? I returned to Skyrim early last week for a couple of days (before the patch) but haven't touched it since Kingdoms of Amalur arrived from Gamefly.
BigBadBob113
Proxy

Postby BigBadBob113 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:26 pm

Now that I've Platinumed Skyrim, I'm ready for some great DLC! The Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion was mind-blowingly amazing, as it felt like it's own separate game as opposed to just some additional quests delivered through DLC. I really hope that Bethesda does Skyrim the same justice and puts a lot of work into making expansive and original DLC for the main game.
BigBadBob113
Proxy

Postby justabaldguy » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:20 pm

I'm having a hard time getting back to Skyrim. Sad thing is, I don't have Kingdoms or another game to keep me occupied. I simply feel like Skyrim's leveling system isn't exciting. I can't fully customize my character the way I think I should be able to, so it's kinda boring now. I should go back and try my story line since becoming a werewolf, but it just doesn't really sound inviting. :cry:
When I'm down I drive the hearse.
Usual game times: Evenings around 7PM CST, and weekends from 1-3
Current co-op goals: BORDERLANDS 2!!
justabaldguy
Decepticon

Postby Macrocephalus » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:14 pm

justabaldguy wrote:I'm having a hard time getting back to Skyrim. Sad thing is, I don't have Kingdoms or another game to keep me occupied. I simply feel like Skyrim's leveling system isn't exciting. I can't fully customize my character the way I think I should be able to, so it's kinda boring now. I should go back and try my story line since becoming a werewolf, but it just doesn't really sound inviting. :cry:

Yeah, me too. I'm really disappointed in the available options for mage builds in Skyrim, especially after getting to play a mage in Amalur, where the class is vastly superior, and yet I'm not sure I'm up for starting over from scratch. I'm actually thinking of trading it in and maybe renting it someday down the line when the GOTY edition comes out if the DLC is good.
Macrocephalus
HK-47

Postby BigBadBob113 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:33 pm

@Mac and Baldy:

I definitely hear where you guys are coming from in your disappointment with the capabilities of playing a mage character. While grinding to level 50 the only mage-ish skills I used were restoration (got to about 40) and enchanting (got to the 90s). While it was definitely one of the drawbacks to the game, it didn't bother me since I almost never play mage characters, since more often then not they are simply lame. One of the few exceptions, like Mac mentioned, was with Kingdoms of Amalur, where the mage class was addicting enough to draw me away from my rogue build.

I have to say that I had a lot of fun on my first playthrough as a rogue, working mostly with archery and sneak, and I had almost as good a time as a straight up grunt/tank/warrior who just charged into battle with a mace in one hand and shield in the other. I was really not a fan of anything magey, and when I went through the College of Winterhold faction quests, I was probably the only "mage" there who wielded a battle axe instead of a staff and wore heavy ebony armor as opposed to a light, fluffy robe.

Badly, you NEED to get your hands on Amalur! You'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BigBadBob113
Proxy

Postby justabaldguy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:39 pm

BigBadBob113 wrote:Badly, you NEED to get your hands on Amalur! You'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Working on it man, simply not enough funds. I have some saved aside but I'm really hoping for a price drop. Too many unexpected expenses lately.
When I'm down I drive the hearse.
Usual game times: Evenings around 7PM CST, and weekends from 1-3
Current co-op goals: BORDERLANDS 2!!
justabaldguy
Decepticon

Postby Raines » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:58 am

It's getting Kinect functionality soon. Wonder how that's gonna turn out...
Raines
Robot

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 am

Raines wrote:It's getting Kinect functionality soon. Wonder how that's gonna turn out...

There are videos, so far seems to just be the dragon calls

Availability Eastern Standard Time: Mon-Thurs (None), Friday (Evening) Sat-Sun (anytime)
Looking for Co-op: Borderlands (lvls=11, 15), L4D (co-op, vs), Halo 3: ODST (campaign, firefight), Saints Row 2, Halo:Reach
Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby Biohzrd451 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:14 am

Shouts
Follower commands
Quick sort for weapons (You can define each one)

Most of it is probably some of the better kinect functionality I have seen for a game like this. If my house was quieter I would probably use the kinect with it when the update hits, but as it stands now I will not be shouting FOS RO DAH at the screen.
http://bio-hazardousblogs.blogspot.com/

"Let me be your sledgehammer"
Biohzrd451
Proxy

Postby Raines » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:11 am

Yeah somehow I don't see myself doing that either. I have mostly elderly people living in my neighborhood, and I figure they'd probably think I was a devil worshipper if I walked around my house yelling "FUS DO RAH!" or "OH DAH VING!" or whatever the hell else your character says.
Raines
Robot

Postby Raines » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:34 pm

What's everyone think of the new Dawnguard expansion? Lot pf players are complaining about the price, but for what you get, $20 seems pretty fair. I'm liking it so far; better than the main quest in my opinion.
Raines
Robot

Postby BigBadBob113 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:18 am

I'm in no rush to snag Dawnguard. I think my problem is that I was expecting something along the scope of Shivering Isles. I'd really like to see how much additional game time is being delivered in this expansion. If it's only a few hours worth then there's no way I'm spending $20 for it. By the time it gets released on the PS3 I'll see what others are saying and determine if it's worth it to me to purchase right away or if I'll wait for a price drop.
BigBadBob113
Proxy

Postby Shazoo » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:53 am

playing skyrim on PC with the steam workshop is simply awesome, infinite replay value with all the stuff on there.
PSN: Shazoo83 *rarely logged in
XBL: Shazoo
Steam: Shazoo - Cooperative Gamer's League
Shazoo
Proxy

Postby Biohzrd451 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:25 am

Raines wrote:What's everyone think of the new Dawnguard expansion? Lot pf players are complaining about the price, but for what you get, $20 seems pretty fair. I'm liking it so far; better than the main quest in my opinion.

I loved Dawnguard and it was one of the better Expansions that Beth has come out with and I really liked Serana as she was a pretty well rounded out companion and wasnt as dry as the other followers in the game.

I also dig the random Vampire attacks on towns, and have even ran across a powerful vampire known as the mysterious traveler who has spawned about three times in my game and managed to kill Rogivr the blacksmith in Riverwood before me, two dadrea lords, Serana, and a few townguards could take him down.

This is my second mage character focusing on bound weapons, illusion, conjuration, and alchemy and so far has been a blast. I should also mention I keep my game set on Master difficulty to really get a feel for what a build can do.
http://bio-hazardousblogs.blogspot.com/

"Let me be your sledgehammer"
Biohzrd451
Proxy

Postby Raines » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:19 pm

The Dragonborn DLC comes out tomorrow. It's back to the island of Solstheim where you can ride dragons, and there's supposedly something good in store for people like me that made it to level 81.
Raines
Robot

Postby Bakken Hood » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:58 pm

You made level 81? I'm impressed. I think my first guy made it most of the way to 60...

I'm looking forward to Dragonborn. Okay, so mostly I'm just wondering why there's an ascended sleeper in the trailer.*

*Please, no spoilers.
Bakken Hood
Johnny 5

Postby Raines » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Bakken Hood wrote:You made level 81? I'm impressed. I think my first guy made it most of the way to 60...

I'm looking forward to Dragonborn. Okay, so mostly I'm just wondering why there's an ascended sleeper in the trailer.*

*Please, no spoilers.

I won't lie; I glitched to get it. Here's how: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhDhPKF1lBY
Raines
Robot

Postby Bakken Hood » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:49 pm

Ah...that glitch. No worse than my second character's Gloves of Punching Dragons to Death or Shirt of Being Completely Invincible, I suppose.
Bakken Hood
Johnny 5

Postby Raines » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:57 pm

Bakken Hood wrote:Ah...that glitch. No worse than my second character's Gloves of Punching Dragons to Death or Shirt of Being Completely Invincible, I suppose.

Let me guess...the 30x Sneak Attack bonus?
Raines
Robot

Postby Bakken Hood » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:57 pm

It's the Fortify Restoration potion cheat. Potions make your Fortify Alchemy apparel stronger, so you can make an even more powerful potion, which further boosts your Alchemy bonus, and it snowballs from there. Then you make some Fortify Enchanting and Fortify Smithing potions, and make yourself a shirt with a billion HP, an iron dagger that does a billion damage, a ring that make it literally impossible to break a lockpick, some dragon-punching gloves, that sort of thing.
Bakken Hood
Johnny 5

PreviousNext

Return to Game Discussion