Minecraft

Discussion about co-op games, co-op board games, and more!
189 posts • Page 8 of 101 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:29 am

justabaldguy wrote:Additionally, your save is only on the computer you're playing, so I can't play on my desktop and pick it up later on the laptop without shuffling a save file around.

There's a way you can use Dropbox to have a copy of that save and update it anytime you make changes.

It's a handly tip I use for project files for work. So I can back them up easily.

Availability Eastern Standard Time: Mon-Thurs (None), Friday (Evening) Sat-Sun (anytime)
Looking for Co-op: Borderlands (lvls=11, 15), L4D (co-op, vs), Halo 3: ODST (campaign, firefight), Saints Row 2, Halo:Reach
Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:22 pm

I can't seem to use the /listwarps or /setwarp commands.

I got in just as it was becoming night. I thought I saw Baldmountain in the distance and while I wait for day to come, I'm looking at the map and I am indeed near there. Going to be a trek though.

Availability Eastern Standard Time: Mon-Thurs (None), Friday (Evening) Sat-Sun (anytime)
Looking for Co-op: Borderlands (lvls=11, 15), L4D (co-op, vs), Halo 3: ODST (campaign, firefight), Saints Row 2, Halo:Reach
Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Wow, I was really hungry. I was lucky to kill two pigs after my stomach was empty, then I got to the top of Baldy's Mnt and there was no food! Until I got to the last chest, whew. Not to mention I have 1 heart and a half left after a spider attack.

I owe Baldy 6 Cooked chickens and 1 block of dirt.

EDIT:
It's so hard to find food. Sheep, sheep, everywhere and not a piece to eat. :(

Made a sign over the area I will be developing on the otherside of Baldmountain, You'll see "J G" in the air.

Got some stones, wood, picaxe, swords, and shovels.

Baldy, if you want a goal to do, how about making that road you talked about on the first page to connect the various areas. You can then setup poles with lights on them to keep monsters from spawning there. Then make some safehouses woth beds in them in case it gets dark. I'm thinking of doing that once I setup my own home.

What are all the commands I can use (or am suppose to)? So far the /listwarps and /setwarp doesn't work for me.

Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby smurphster » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:10 am

You don't have permissions for that. I have to make you a VIP or mod. It keeps griefers from finding/defacing stuff quickly. Normally I would have seen you jump on and hooked you up, but I've been ridiculously busy lately. Are you planning on playing today?
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:53 am

smurphster wrote:You don't have permissions for that. I have to make you a VIP or mod. It keeps griefers from finding/defacing stuff quickly. Normally I would have seen you jump on and hooked you up, but I've been ridiculously busy lately. Are you planning on playing today?

Does an addict plan anything else? ;)

More than likely, yes I will be on today. Not sure how to do the steam voice chat or the ventrilo server. Shazoo and I had a good time near the end.

Fixed some damage baldy's castle got when an exploding mob went off. Took some time before I had the extra copperstone to fix it.

My "JG" sign in the sky lost the J when I raised the roof of my home. Will probably work on adding a second floor and then bring back the "JG" at a higher altitude.

Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby IHaveNoExcuse » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:51 am

You're running a Minecraft server? How does one go about becoming a member of the server? Or is it only for a few select people?
IHaveNoExcuse
Lil' Robot

Postby smurphster » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:34 pm

Just log in... smurph.is-a-geek.org

Once I see you on, I can grant you some advanced permissions like teleporting and giving yourself stuff. Generally, if I know who you are, you're a VIP at least. Let me know when you plan to be on and I'll try to hook you up. I think I'll give some of you guys the ability to VIP people since I'm not always available and the default permissions are kind of restrictive.

Also, just a note on bald mountain... The "baldmountain" warp point is where bald mountain exists in the OLD world. In this world, it means absolutely nothing. The imported bald mountain exists at warp point "baldmtntemp". That's where I was playing with importing chunks from the old world. I think we all agreed that the current position is good but we'll need to make a group effort to turn it into a more natural looking island or something.
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Thanks, smurph. What kind of works needs to be done? Keep the water where it is or block out some water to show more land?

Also, is the port number you gave on page 1 needed to go with the address?

justabaldguy wrote:I find it most enjoyable when there's a general group goal. Right now we're building a castle around an NPC village. That's something we can all help each other do, either online together or on our own, whatever the case may be.

Okay, I'll look around for that village. I want to do some hunting and get a solid storage of food. Shaz helped with donations, but I really need to get a farm going I guess.

Speaking of which, in the image I attached there is a boxed area by your place Baldy, between cave 1 & 3. In that boxed area was a sheep last night. Is he a pet? Or did it just randomly spawned there?

I plan on trekking to where Shazoo got a village setup, maybe that's where the castle has to be built.
Attachments
canvas.png

Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby smurphster » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:49 pm

Mrxknown_JG wrote:Speaking of which, in the image I attached there is a boxed area by your place Baldy, between cave 1 & 3. In that boxed area was a sheep last night. Is he a pet? Or did it just randomly spawned there?

Err... umm... yeah. We were experimenting and... uh... forgot about the little guy. :oops:

Mrxknown_JG wrote:I plan on trekking to where Shazoo got a village setup, maybe that's where the castle has to be built.

On the map, if you look to the left and a little up, you'll see smurphville. That's the "castle" area and Shazoo is building a little further to the left of that. You should be able to warp now, so don't bother walking all that way.

Also, not sure if you know about the other map: http://triggerhappy.me/minecraft/ov/
Much more detailed but it only updates once per day and doesn't show the warp points.

EDIT: The port isn't needed since I'm hosting on the default port. And you'll see what needs to be done once you see it :D
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Yeah, I saw the other map (read through the thread). Was looking at it after I saw the first post about it, and then I was zooming in and stuff, then read the post about it hogging up resources and stopped using it :)

@justabaldguy, you know since 1.2 apparently we can make Iron Golems to protect villagers and suck from monsters.

Or Snow Golems to just fight them.

And smurph, I would walk that distance for the fun of it and to help render the space between on the map.

Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby justabaldguy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Mrxknown_JG wrote:@justabaldguy, you know since 1.2 apparently we can make Iron Golems to protect villagers and suck from monsters.
Yep. My loose plan was too villages: one a walled-in keep a la old castles, the other a regular open village. Figured the later would have golems to protect them, and we could see what the difference is. Think Smurph found a second village recently. My week has been busy keeping 200+ kids ages 3 through 5th grade busy during Vacation Bible School. Haven't mined OR crafted in weeks, hoping that'll change soon.

We can do the sky bridge to different towns: build a road out of glass blocks with candles throughout. Or we could just warp. So far JG we've used a mixture of honest building and crafting plus using the "give" command, so feel free to use either. Really depends on what I'm working on at the moment.

Only real rule is don't disrupt something in progress. If you want to contribute it's usually OK especially if you're sure what's going on. When in doubt, leave things alone but feel free to start your own area and go nuts.
When I'm down I drive the hearse.
Usual game times: Evenings around 7PM CST, and weekends from 1-3
Current co-op goals: BORDERLANDS 2!!
justabaldguy
Decepticon

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:30 pm

justabaldguy wrote:Only real rule is don't disrupt something in progress. If you want to contribute it's usually OK especially if you're sure what's going on. When in doubt, leave things alone but feel free to start your own area and go nuts.

I prefer to craft everything myself, as well.

I haven't touched anything, except repair that section of your castle the bomber mod damaged. Until I had a house setup I was using your bed and ate some food.

Immediate plans are to go hunting tonight after I make some armor and gather some food. Then head over to the castle near the village and see what I can do. From the looks it on the map, the area seems fairly lit up. Itching to get back in the game.

Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby Shazoo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:32 pm

smurph, are you able to give us the ability to fly? 8-) I've never used it but I think it'd be real cool for building some epic structures.
PSN: Shazoo83
XBL: Shazoo
Steam: Shazoo - Cooperative Gamer's League
Shazoo
Proxy

Postby smurphster » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:53 am

It's possible, not sure how to though.

I'm starting to think Canary was not the best choice for server platforms. It seems like a lot of people are dropping Canary since a ton of plugins are being left behind and some other apps are dropping support. Bukkit seems to be popular but I'm not sure if we can just take our world and run it in Bukkit. I'll give it a try and see what happens (after backing it up of course).
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 am

Looking forward to see who's online tonight. I'm going to finish work on the stairs in the castle.

Ideas I had, there's some odd layouts with a possible long stairwell up to where the chickens and their pool are at. I was thinking of adding another pathway to that point from behind the buildings on the initial path close to the front.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to either add ladders or stairs so people at the towers could climb down and patrol the walls. Maybe we'd have to expand the width of the walls and put up fences to prevent NPCs from falling.
Thoughts?

Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby CoopBob » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Mrxknown_JG wrote: with a possible long stairwell up to where the chickens and their pool are at.
Thoughts?

You guys have a chicken pool? Sounds ritzy if even the chickens have a pool... :lol:
CoopBob
Robot

Postby smurphster » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:28 pm

CoopBob wrote:
Mrxknown_JG wrote: with a possible long stairwell up to where the chickens and their pool are at.
Thoughts?

You guys have a chicken pool? Sounds ritzy if even the chickens have a pool... :lol:

Well, the chickens were reproducing at a very high rate. They quickly outgrew their fenced area so I fenced in the garden next to it. That was a mistake because they destroyed the crops pretty quick. Since there's already so much wheat in that village, I figured we didn't need it. Easiest thing to do was to turn the gardens into pools :)

Yeah, we could use a few more gravel paths around the village. The paths that are there were all there already except for that one narrow path up to the tower. As for the walls, we could do what we did at the front gate. Just make sure you put enough lighting along the wall so mobs don't spawn up there or underneath the overhangs. Also, NPCs don't climb walls or open fence gates. They can only open wood doors. They seem to be at their max capacity finally (until we add more houses), but they seem to congregate to the same houses all the time. Before I added a gate around the chicken coup, they all squeezed their way into it. Hopefully there's a patch incoming that makes sure they spread out a bit more.
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby Shazoo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:56 pm

i got stuck in the chicken coop... :oops: Also I did notice all the NPC's partying in one house too, as soon as I came in they dispersed so fast you'd of thought a rank fart was following my character around. I'm all for starting a new world if it means new cool plugins.
PSN: Shazoo83
XBL: Shazoo
Steam: Shazoo - Cooperative Gamer's League
Shazoo
Proxy

Postby Mrxknown_JG » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:31 am

Depends for me, what plugins are we talking about? Server-based or client & server?

I kinda like exploring the current world, though it would be fun exploring a whole new place at the same time as others and smurph can always back up our progress.

Mrxknown_JG
Proxy

Postby justabaldguy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:27 am

This is my second world already, I'm not too keen on starting all over yet again, especially after spending so much time building the wall. That said, I've not been on much recently so maybe my opinions shouldn't weigh too much. If y'all do start a new world, I imagine I'll check in occasionally and see if I can help your efforts but I doubt I'd really create yet another home.
When I'm down I drive the hearse.
Usual game times: Evenings around 7PM CST, and weekends from 1-3
Current co-op goals: BORDERLANDS 2!!
justabaldguy
Decepticon

PreviousNext

Return to Game Discussion