Gears of War 3 packs an incredible amount of co-op content into one game. The game will get even bigger in just one month’s time. The 'Horde Command Pack' DLC lands on November 1 for 800 Microsoft Points. As expected, it will include new maps, characters, Achievements worth a total of 250 GamerScore, and lots more.
Major Nelson revealed the full contents of the 'Horde Command Pack' on his blog:
Three spectacular new maps:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New fortification upgrades [Horde mode]:
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
- Bernie [A new female!]
New weapon skins:
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
800 Points is a great value for all that content – Call of Duty map packs offer a lot less at 1200 Points! And remember, if you plan to purchase each Gears of War 3 DLC pack on release day rather than holding out for a sale, the Season Pass is the way to go. As we mentioned a few weeks ago, it includes the first four DLCs for 2400 Points, a discount of 800 Points. It’s like getting one pack for free.