[Xbox Live Arcade] - Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition

Discussion about co-op games, co-op board games, and more!
19 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby eastx » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Link: Co-Optimus Entry

Please keep all discussion of Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition for the Xbox Live Arcade in this thread.
-Paul Acevedo
Associate Editor, Co-Optimus
eastx
Johnny 5

Postby IHaveNoExcuse » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:42 am

I can't wait for this, the split-screen could be awesome. Is anybody else here getting this?
IHaveNoExcuse
Lil' Robot

Postby Biohzrd451 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:38 am

IHaveNoExcuse wrote:I can't wait for this, the split-screen could be awesome. Is anybody else here getting this?

More than likely I'll pick it up.
http://bio-hazardousblogs.blogspot.com/

"Let me be your sledgehammer"
Biohzrd451
Proxy

Postby Silentstriderm » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:19 am

Can someone explain the appeal to me? I tried one of the XBLIG versions, and I also have Terreria, but I just can't get into it. Is there something I'm missing?

Looking forward to: Dungeons and Dragons, Space Hulk, Splinter Cell, GTA V, Payday 2
Silentstriderm
Johnny 5

Postby smurphster » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:25 am

Silentstriderm wrote:Can someone explain the appeal to me? I tried one of the XBLIG versions, and I also have Terreria, but I just can't get into it. Is there something I'm missing?

to me, there are 3 things that are appealing:
1. crafting/building - you can build anything you can imagine
2. exploration - you have a gigantic randomly generated playground... have at it
3. dungeon crawling - the dungeons are really cool and can be pretty scary

it's something you have to experience. i didn't really get it at first but once you get going, the possibilities really start to open up. i'm interested to see how the worlds work in the 360 version. i'm guessing you'll just be able to invite people to your world when you're playing. having a persistent world on a dedicated server in the PC version is so nice.
Community Manager
Co-Optimus.com
smurphster

Postby Silentstriderm » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks for the reply Smurph.

Hopefully there will be a demo with co-op so I can give it another try.

Looking forward to: Dungeons and Dragons, Space Hulk, Splinter Cell, GTA V, Payday 2
Silentstriderm
Johnny 5

Postby Raines » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:16 am

Silentstriderm wrote:Can someone explain the appeal to me? I tried one of the XBLIG versions, and I also have Terreria, but I just can't get into it. Is there something I'm missing?

Those (excluding Terraria) are cheap clones of the real deal. I played Minecraft on PC quite a bit and absolutely loved it. The Indie clones only copy one or 2 elements of Minecraft, like building or survival. The whole experience is quite different and enjoyable.
Raines
Robot

Postby Raines » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:20 am

Some Jtagger has been posting Let's Play videos of the game in action. Looks like the Xbox version is starting off with Beta 1.6.6.:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp
Raines
Robot

Postby TenFresh » Thu May 03, 2012 2:11 pm

I gave the 4 player split screen a whirl at PAX and it was quite playable and enjoyable. It's certainly a game where you don't need to see a lot of fine details, no map or reticle! It's also fun to be able to say to another player, "Oh, look a this view." and they can see it at a glance. Really looking forward to the xbox release making the minecraft co-op experience more accessible.
—Co-op Favorites—
Trenched, Lost Planet 2, Resident Evil 5, Left 4 Dead, Lara Croft GOTL, Lego Indiana Jones, TimeSplitters: Future Perfect, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Journey
TenFresh
Sprocket

Postby Alban38530 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Est ce que vous pourriez m'aider a jouer en local avec un pote parce que j'ai tout essayé et je n'y arrive pas.
Alban38530
Sprocket

Postby beebadarko » Mon May 14, 2012 8:11 am

I got a copy if anyone would like to build something with me someday.
beebadarko
Sprocket

Postby ChronoSagaAddict » Tue May 15, 2012 5:31 pm

I love this game, any co-oper that wants to play with me is welcome. I'm still griding the hell out of it but I do have my fort set up and stuff. It's not a house at all, it's actully an eyesore of a fort, like a stronghold. But i got it pretty well organized with a bunch of chests so anybody looking to trade resourses would be more than welcome cuz I only got basic stuff and know nothing aboot the game except what I've learned from playing on the 360. I never played the computer version or anything.

I built it for co-op too, the bedroom floor even has 8 beds cuz I thought the game said it had 8 player online co-op.
Co-op is the way to go. A team isn't a team if you don't give a damn aboot one another.
Always up for playing: Borderlands
Leader of Border Patrol https://www.facebook.com/BorderPatrolCoOpClan
ChronoSagaAddict
Johnny 5

Postby Shazoo » Tue May 15, 2012 8:47 pm

one thing I noticed last night is the 360 game worlds are incredibly small compared to their almost limit-less PC world counter parts. I traveled around the entire edge of the map in about 30 minutes, seems to be a large island that you get to "rule" :lol: Guess that's the hardware limitations of the 360 though, and still is fun. You can do this by traveling with your map in your hand.
PSN: Shazoo83
XBL: Shazoo
Steam: Shazoo - Cooperative Gamer's League
Shazoo
Proxy

Postby Raines » Thu May 17, 2012 4:43 am

Despite the small map size I still love the XBLA version. Runs smooth as silk.
Raines
Robot

Postby ChronoSagaAddict » Thu May 17, 2012 6:20 am

I think I messed up when I was joining a friends game, cuz it made a new character for me, it didn't take my character. I was hopeing to trade resourses with them cuz they have iron and I need that and cant find it. Anybody help and tell me what I did wrong?
Co-op is the way to go. A team isn't a team if you don't give a damn aboot one another.
ChronoSagaAddict
Johnny 5

Postby Raines » Thu May 17, 2012 8:27 am

ChronoSagaAddict wrote:I think I messed up when I was joining a friends game, cuz it made a new character for me, it didn't take my character. I was hopeing to trade resourses with them cuz they have iron and I need that and cant find it. Anybody help and tell me what I did wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong. You can't take any of your stuff from your game over to another's.
Raines
Robot

Postby ChronoSagaAddict » Fri May 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Damn i was hopeing ot trade resourses withy people cuz I still haveing a really hard time finding iron and diamonds and.. well alot still needs to be done in my game in my opinion
ChronoSagaAddict
Johnny 5

Postby ChronoSagaAddict » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:40 pm

I thought i read somewhere that an update was coming out for the game that added levling up and a bunch of other stuff, does anybody remember when that's saposed to come out?
ChronoSagaAddict
Johnny 5

Postby ChronoSagaAddict » Thu May 09, 2013 7:35 pm

Anybody know if it's ever going to get an update to give it system link?
ChronoSagaAddict
Johnny 5

Return to Game Discussion