Rough economy got you down? Here's your chance to keep your money in your pocket and still acquire some new toys!
Microsoft Game Studios is running a contest wherein you can win potentially $25,000 worth of prizes (see the full list after the "Read More" link). For 13 days beginning February 1st, Gears of War 2 players can jump into a gametype that is specified on the official schedule (see also after the "Read More" link) and are automatically entered to win, provided that you have registered ahead of time, either via online registration, or by applying the free "13 Days of Gears" Gamerpic.
Read on for the prize list and schedule...
Thirteen Grand Prize packages will be awarded (one each day), consisting of:
- A Samsung 40” 1080p LCD HDTV
- An Xbox 360 Limited Edition Red Wireless Controller
- A Marcus Fenix bronze statue from Mindzeye Studios
- A life-size Locust drone maquette from TriForce Sales
- The “Gears of War 2” video game soundtrack from Sumthing Else
- The Gears of War Aspho Fields novel from Random House imprint, Del Rey
- Codes to download the golden Hammerburst and Lancer
- A “Gears of War 2” poster signed by members of the development team
In addition, five daily First Prizes will be awarded, which will include the soundtrack, novel, in-game golden weapons and a signed poster.
12:01 AM PT
11: 59 PM PT
1 Annex February 1 February 1 2 Submission February 2 February 2 3 Execution February 3 February 3 4 Horde February 4 February 4 5 King of the Hill February 5 February 5 6 Guardian February 6 February 6 7 Warzone February 7 February 7 8 Wingman February 8 February 8 9 King of the Hill February 9 February 9 10 Wingman February 10 February 10 11 Wingman February 11 February 11 12 Horde February 12 February 12 13 Horde February 13 February 13