The original The Escapist was a great game, but lacked a certain something . . . co-op! This is rectified in the upcoming The Escapists 2 as up to 4 players can use drop in online/offline co-op to help each other break free from the Clink. To celebrate the release date of August 22nd, a new trailer has been released.
The game is coming to PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch and features loads of cool stuff developed on top of the first game:
The Escapists 2 features:
• A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
• 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
• Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players**
• Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
• A brand new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
• Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
• New ways to escape .
• New items to craft - Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!