The original Door Kickers was great tactical title that reminded me of the original Rainbow Six's planning mode with overhead execution. It wasn't until late in its life that the game got a patch to include co-op play. Now, learning from that experience, developer KillHouse Games have created a proper sequel with co-op in mind from day one with Door Kickers 2: Task Force North.
Task Force North brings you the best portrayal of modern Close Quarters Combat and Tactics in a video game. Door Kickers 2 is a top down strategy and tactics game about using intelligence assets and controlling Special Operation Units in daring raids to neutralize and capture terrorists in the fictional country of Nowheraki, Middle East.
The game will currently features two player online co-op where each person will control half of the missions deployed troops. Various tools are available to communicate the battle plan including the ability to "draw" right on the tactical map. The game is currently in early access but with future updates should bump the player count to four and offer plenty of content.
“Full version of the game will have the following overall scope:
- ~100 Handcrafted Single Missions, most of which can also be played in 2-4 Player Coop Multiplayer
- ~20 missions handcrafted specifically for Coop play
- Mission and location generator for unlimited gameplay
- Steam Workshop Support
- 3-4 Playable Units / ~8 Trooper Classes with new gameplay options and styles
- over 60 weapons and pieces of usable gear
- Night missions, infiltration, disguises and undercover work
- 12-16 Enemies and NPCs including disguised insurgents and Third-Actor Spec Ops and Agents
- New locations and environments (Oil Installations, Military bases, Embassies, Famous Missions etc.)