The original Frogun from Molegato and Top Hat Studios is a charming 3D low-polygon platformer starring a girl with a grappling gun. Although Frogun featured a 2-player mode, the multiplayer was competitive in nature. Thankfully, the sequel, Frogun Encore, will improve on things with full campaign co-op as well as new moves and tools for the protagonists.
Frogun Encore takes place three years after the original game. One of the original villain Beelzebub's followers has hatched a plan to resurrect the big bad guy, so Renata (the first game's heroine), her partner Jake, and their friend Hatter will have to set off on a journey to stop Beelzebub and his minions once and for all.
The first game's claims to fame were its beautiful PSOne-style 3D graphics and the grappling gun that Renata used to cross gaps and overcome obstacles. Those elements return in Encore - it sure is pretty! New moves and mechanics like the double jump, toss jump, and sling catapult will hopefully make traversal easier than ever. The campaign now supports drop-in, drop-out co-op, with one player controlling Renata and the other playing as Jake. Bringing a friend along certainly has the potential to double the fun.
- Explore colorful levels as you trek across the world - explore whimsical areas and environments in stylish low-poly aesthetic
- Expanded fluid movement ; jump, double jump, swing on ledges and poles, grapple, and use your trusty Frogun to navigate the environment in new, unique ways!
- Fight big bosses
- Find secret areas or shortcuts by mastering advanced jumping & grappling mechanics! How nimble are you?
- Collect emblems by fulfilling level challenges, and discover the stories of other adventurers through hidden diary notes
- Unlock hats for your characters and show off your swag!
- A poseable photo mode to let you show off your creativity!
- True Co-Op; play with your best friend and cooperate or race together towards the end of each level!
Frogun Encore has only been announced for Steam, but we expect that it will come to consoles like the original game did as well. The game is due out this summer.