Loads of info has been revealed about the forthcoming Guitar Hero 4. The official title of the game will be 'Guitar Hero: World Tour', and, as rumored, drums and vocals will be added to the Guitar Hero experience. Yup! That means a 4-player cooperative experience just like that other game. A few more juicy snippets of information were revealed at Eurogamer:
- Wireless instruments, including the first wireless drum kit
- Drum kit will have 3 pads, two cymbals, and a pedal
- Drum pads are velocity sensitive and less noisy
- A new and improved redesigned guitar
- Online band career mode is fully playable by four people!
- "Battle of the bands" features 4 vs. 4 online
The ace in the hole for GH:WT is Music Studio. Details are sparse right now, but this mode allows for players to create their own music from scratch. Player made tunes can be uploaded to the new GHTunes service where they can be shared with others.
Despite our reservations about buying another drum set and/or guitar, the Music Studio alone has our interest piqued. You can view the first Guitar Hero World Tour trailer here. No price details have been revealed yet, but expect the game this autumn! Be sure to check out the latest screenshots after the jump.