Has anyone else been reminiscing about Secret of Mana lately? Because I sure have - I even mentioned as much to our own Andrew "Cubninja" Gaskill last night. In any case, it has recently been brought to our attention that a new indie PC title called Wanderlust: Rebirth is not only in development, but releases next month!
Let's see... Sprite-based? Check. RPG? Check. Co-Op? Oh, that's a big check. Sounds good to me!
Wanderlust: Rebirth promises 4-player online co-op play in both a story mode and a wave-based survival mode called The Crawl. You can check out the feature list and trailer after the break.
- Single Player and online Co-operative play modes for 1-4 players!
- Seamless integration from the interactive lobby to host/join other players!
- Awards (i.e. achievements) given and displayed for all to see!
- Over 65 awards, see if you can collect them all!
- Story-driven gameplay; players experience an epic fantasy adventure, together!
- 2 Different game modes and 2 difficulty settings!
- 44 Unique enemies to crush before you!
- 15 Intense boss fights!
- A huge world to explore, with secrets and surprises at every turn!
- and over 4 years in the making, so you know it is DAMN good!