One of the more popular ways indie devs are getting their games out there in front of an ever growing audience of gamers is to team up with a few other developers (some might say they are cooperating) to offer their game as part of some form of bundle deal. GamersGate.com is offering their own indie game bundle, the IndieFort, starting today and going until next Friday, and in their bundle there's at least one cooperative game that caught our eye: Wanderlust: Rebirth.
In addition to the cooperatively fun Wanderlust, you also get some pretty great single player indie games, including:
- Kenshi - an open world RPG that's still a bit early in its development, but places you in command of samurais in a desert world and reminds me a bit of Fallout mixed with a sim game
- Cardinal Quest - a roguelike RPG
- Black Market - a 2D space sim that's reminiscent of games like Privateer
- Devil Whiskey - another RPG, though this one falls into the Elder Scrolls camp
- Steel Storm: Burning Retribution - a top-down action shooter where you control a hovertank
All of these games can be yours for the low, low price of just $6, or you can pay a little more and contribute directly to the games' developers. For every dollar you spend over that $6 asking price, GamersGate will directly split it amongst the various game devs, taking no cut for themselves. What's more, the site is offering some bonus goodies to everyone who spends a little more by offering game soundtracks, additional games, and more once certain sales numbers are reached.
So head on over to the site and check it out. It's a great price for some very solid games.