Co-op comes in two forms.
First, local co-op allows you to play two people in a single ship and play through much of the single player game, as well as all 5 of the co-op modes.
Second, online co-op allows you to play with other players in one of the game's 5 co-op modes. These modes are:
- Space Defense League (SDL): think League of Legends/DOTA, minus the character leveling. Supports up to eight players
- Zombie Survival: fight off waves of basic “ship zombies” with a few special “zombie” types tossed in the mix. Supports up to four players
- Wave Survival: fight off waves of enemies that vary in hull, archetype, and attack strategy. Supports up to four players
- Gladiator: battle through as many of the game’s bosses as you can. Supports up to four players
- Spire Battle: destroy the other team’s base before they destroy yours. Supports up to eight players
Ring Runner combines the fast-paced action of space combat with the rich story and skill variety of an RPG.
Trek across the universe in a 30 hour long story-driven campaign based on a companion Sci Fi novel, or challenge 6 scenarios alone, cooperatively, or competitively through local or online multiplayer.
Choose from 60 customizable hulls that act as templates for 400+ wildly-varied skills. Level layouts, backgrounds, and AI enemies are all procedurally generated, yielding billions of challenges.