If you were trying to play Defiance this morning, and I know some of you were, you may have noticed the servers were down. This is a common occurrence with new MMOs. Servers get updated, patches get patched, bans get hammered. So it goes. While we won't cover every single patch and update (Trion has their own forums for that), we will let you know when something impacts the co-op play.
Today's new patch will improve the accessibility of cooperative maps, mainly lowering the level requirements for three of the seven missions. Just before the servers went down my EGO rating of 417 granted me access to the "Liberate the Lost," "Soleptor Excavation," "Explosions 101," and "The Motherlode" missions. After updating and installing the patch I am able to play "Island of Lost Soldiers" and "Scrapworks Salvage," as well. The minimum level requirements have been lowered to 150 and 225, respectively. This will grant a little more variety to the co-op options for newer players, which is always a good thing. You can see the patch notes in their entirety after the break.
In case you don't like reading, here are some pictures... with words on them. So I guess you're still reading. Sorry.
Full list of fixes:
Patch 1.013 Notes:
- Freight Yard competitive map is back!
- New World Thugs data recorder has been fixed to always work regardless of your level
- Old Friends, Old Swords: Added failsafe to fix situations where the mission does not advance
- Project Aegis, Part 1: Set the turrets to disable 15 seconds after combat has been complete
- Project Aegis, Part 1: Fixed the issue where some enemies were spawning without using a spawn vehicle
- Increased the times and locations of the emergency necessary to fulfill the "Svushinnira: Just Business" contract
- Lowered the minimum level required to gain access to Contracts from 250 to 175
- Removed one of the runners from the Mount Tam crash site to improve driving paths
- Vehicle stats will no longer show up as zero in the vendor buy screen
- Weapons that require an EGO Rating of less than 250 have been added to Faction vendors
- Lowered the minimum level requirement for the Soleptor Excavation co-op map to 100
- Lowered the minimum level requirement for the Island of Lost Soldiers to 150
- Lowered the minimum level requirement for the Scrapworks Salvage to 225
Defiance, both the game and the Syfy TV series, seem to be doing well. Trion just announced a new "Most Wanted" contest where players can compete to win an appearance on the show. That should be interesting. There will be plenty of competition, now that the MMO has over one million registered users. That's a lot of Ark Hunters. The latest press release boasts some impressive numbers:
Over 500,000,000 hellbugs squashed
Over 50,000,000 miles driven
More than 1,000,000 Arkfalls claimed
Arkfalls are the big, recurring open world events in the game. I myself have fought through dozens of them with hundreds of players. A good group is quite a site to behold. Of course, a bad group of players is disaster. Now I just want to go play more Defiance. I'll catch you around the Bay Area frontier.