The Power Rangers are not only getting a new movie next year, they're also getting a new game. Bandai Namco and developer Bamtang will release Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle. a side-scrolling beat 'em up title, next year for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
In action, the game certainly looks like a pretty classic beat 'em up. Each player appears to control their favorite Power Ranger and they can even combine their attacks to take down foes. Players will also be able to level up their Power Ranger to unlock new abilities. Here's a full list of all the title's features:
- CLASSIC POWER RANGER DNA INTACT: Morph, use weapons & martial arts, and summon the larger-than-life Megazord
- INTUITIVE & DEEP BATTLE SYSTEM: Includes light, heavy, weapon and projectile attacks. Players will be able to integrate weapon strikes into different combo strings
- LEVELING & CUSTOMIZATION: Players can level-up and unlock new moves, attacks and weapons
- UNLOCKABLE CHARACTERS: Unlock Tommy Oliver in his Green & White Ranger costumes as well as the human characters Rocky, Aisha, Adam & Kat from MMPR season 2
- NOSTALGIC: Each level is based on a classic episode from the TV series. The levels are filled with familiar dialogue, background details, cut scenes, and enemies pulled straight from the first two seasons of the show!
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle is slated for a January 2017 release on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and will support four player couch co-op throughout the campaign.