You can't throw a rock without hitting a survival game these days. I just threw one, and it hit Smalland: Survive the Wilds! Well, Solarpunk, the upcoming survival game from Cyberwave and Rokaplay, differentiates itself with a fantastic setting: the sky. Players will travel between floating islands on an airship and work together to build, farm, and craft gadgets. The developers plan to first launch on Steam Early Access next year, followed by console versions. To make all that happen, they've just launched a Kickstarter.
- Multiplayer: Play alone or in co-op mode with your friends.
- Building: Gather resources and build your own home in the sky.
- Farming: Grow plants to secure your food supplies.
- Crafting: Craft technical gadgets and automate your processes.
- Energy: Use sunlight, wind and water and create an energy system for your gadgets.
- Airship: Build your own airship and explore distant islands in the sky.
Although Kickstarter campaigns are rarely a sure thing, Solarpunk really has potential. The footage and screenshots we've seen so far depict a gorgeous and inviting fantasy world. German developer Cyberwave has previously released a successfully Kickstarted game called Hourglass on consoles and PC, so we know they have it in them to finish another game. Let's hope it all goes smoothly so that we can hop in an airship and take to the skies next year!