It's fun to be tiny in a full-sized world, as proven by movies like Honey: I Shrunk the Kids and games like Microsoft's Grounded. Smalland: Survive the Wilds from Merge Games is an early access game for PC that casts players as tiny Smallfolk in a big, dangerous forest. The game supports up to 10-player online co-op, and the Steam and Epic versions can play together.
- Scale skyscraper sized trees, scramble through cavernous cracks in roads, and more as you experience the unique biomes of Smalland’s huge open world.
- Craft powerful armour sets to personalise your appearance, grant you resistance from the elements, abilities and more
- Tame and ride wild creatures from Geckos to Spiders, the world and its inhabitants are yours to conquer
- Scavenge, refine and craft resources to build your encampment on the ground or in the canopy
- Claim a Great Tree to design and build a base that will follow you to any world
- Uncover ancient lore from hidden NPCs scattered throughout the world as you learn to survive in this hostile wilderness.
- Play solo or with up to 9 additional friends in multiplayer with crossplay between Steam and Epic Games Store
The game's recent "The Giant's Fall" update adds a bunch of cool content:
- Pyrite resource, Pyrite armor set, and Pyrite Greatsword featuring unique attack animations
- Metal building tier with over 30 new construction pieces
- Hornet mount, with new attack animations
- Cosmetic vines, along with a decorative flower
- A new enemy, the swarming colony spiders
- A new gathering tool, the metal hatchet
- A new body type
- Two new story NPCs, the Historian and the Merchant
Catapults: talk to Nok to unlock the blueprint for this ingenious contraption that can hurl players, creatures and items across the map!
Survival games are not my thing - too time-consuming! Still, this one has already sold 200,000 copies, so it looks like a pretty big hit.