A couple of years ago, Finnish developer 10tons released DYSMANTLE, an action RPG with mild survival elements set in a zombie apocalypse. The studio is following up with DYSPLACED, a similar game in a new setting. This one sees players transported and displaced to a mysterious new world where they will battle Fortnite: Save the World-like monsters instead of regular zombies. DYSPLACED is planned for a Steam Early Access release next year, and it will feature both local and online co-op for two players.
DYSPLACED will feature:
- Explore a vast world of beauty - and darkness
- Construct campsites, fortifications, and settlements
- Gather and utilize resources to forge your path forward
- Craft equipment and create custom weapons from pieces
- Create your hero from scratch
- Master the art of sorcery by tapping into arcane energies
- Concoct potions to achieve a tactical upper hand
- Cook mouth-watering meals for extra vigor and other boons
- Fight against the shadowy force menacing your new home
- Fish at the murky forgotten lakes of the world for a mysterious catch
- Catch a variety of critters for use in crafting or just for a collection
- Play together: Dysplaced allows you to bring along another dysplaced being for a shared experience in the dream-infused world where you will find both tranquility and excitement.
DYSPLACED is still a long way off from release, but it certainly seems to build on the fun of DYSMANTLE while adding a more interesting setting and additional crafting and simulation elements. The game is tentatively planned for a 2024 Steam Early Access release, followed by later releases on console and mobile. We'll keep you updated!