Along with new secrets, updated graphics, and versus modes comes a brand new survival co-op mode to go alongside the already insane sixteen player co-op campaign. If you read our review of the First Encounter, you know the style of game is quite enjoyable, at least for a remake, and the new Serious Engine 3 sure makes things pretty. Hopefully the Second Encounter continues that tradition.
Here's the details:
· Three ancient worlds to ruin: South America, ancient Mesopotamia and medieval Europe.
· NEW! Over 130 secrets including over 15 brand new ones hidden amongst the carnage.
· Take on 27 outlandish warriors in Lord Mental's army, including old favorites like the Beheaded Kamikaze, Syrian Werebull and Kleer Skeleton.
· NEW! Go head to head against five new enemies and three new bosses.
· Special Weapons and Power-Ups including three new toys: the Sniper Rifle, Flamethrower and Chainsaw.
· NEW! Co-Op Modes - Up to 16 players in campaign Co-Op mode and Co-Op Survival.
· NEW! Deathmatch Modes - Eight classic and brand new deathmatch maps for up to 16 players.
· NEW! Multiplayer Survival Mode - Try to stay alive as long as you can against continued enemies’ attacks in specially designed survival maps.
· NEW! Versus Modes - Fight against your friends in more versus matches including all new Beast Hunt and My Burden modes.
· NEW! Team Modes - Compete against other groups in team matches including Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and Last Team Standing.
The game will set you back $19.99. An Xbox Live Arcade version will be out later this year.