Magicka's first expansion pack is out now on the PC featuring four player co-op. Titled Magicka: Vietnam, the content is just as zany as it sounds - four wizards dropped in a Vietnamese jungle armed with machine guns and napalm strikes.
Priced at $4.99 the content includes new magic abilities like the napalm strike, as well as machine guns, fatigue wizard robes, and of course plenty of action. You'll also find new achievements and two challenge maps to play - 1 survival and 1 scenario based.
Answer the call of duty to take up arms against the Goblin-Cong, trudging through a napalm-scorched battlefield with a bad company of up to four wizard GIs, and earn new medals of honor and achievements as you eliminate scores of enemies with not-so-wizardly machine guns and a new napalm Magick, liberate prisoners from POW camps, and escape to a Huey before it gets shot down by a pistol—all of this, of course, in your stylish robe fatigues and hood-friendly helmet.
We're being told to expect Magicka to go on sale to celebrate this launch, with discounts as much as 50% on the original game. For now enjoy the explosive launch trailer.
Here's the patch notes from the latest update as well.
- Fixed campaign chapter transition crash issue.
- Fixed crash in spellmanager, which occured whenever a player had all campaign magicks and was awarded a magick through scripted events.
- Fixed a rare IndexOutOfRangeException crash in StatusEffect.Update.
- Fixed a bug when restarting scenes which stopped the music from starting.
- Nullifying Summong Phoenix will now properly reset the Magick.
- Fixed issue with Khans leap attack landing infront of a shield resulting in a mad frenzy.
- Fixed 3d sound positioning for character statuseffects.
- Fixed bug where casting lightning on self would do the previously casted lightningspells damage.
- Fixed a crash when players used corporealize during bossfight in Chapter 6.
- Shields health can no longer go past its max health.
- Game should no longer crash in audiomanager during game shutdown.
- Fixed invisibility not breaking when attacking.
- Fixed panic when getting sprayed by steam.
- Characters will no longer get wet while walking in water and using a self shield.
- Characters are now able to walk on physicsobjects.
- Fixed a bug with Vlad reappering in the bossfight in Chapter 12.
- Fixed physics objects lightsource not disappearing after destruction or level restart.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when certain animations were missing.
- New Content notifier added to main menu.
- Server browser improved.
- Some challenges now support a default avatar when creating a new profile.
- Improved formatting and layout in leaderboards.
- Two new achievements implemented.