The PC version of Portal 2 has gotten a patch which will automatically be applied the next time you start up Steam. While most of the fixes are for graphical problems, one fix - one that corrects stuck players on Chapter 6 - is a welcomed improvement.
The game also got several improvements, including better Mac OSX support and better support for Intel Mobile Series chipsets - perfect for those on the go co-op sessions.
- Fixed: Occasional crash after Alt-Tab/minimizing or running in a window on certain graphics hardware.
- Fixed: Crashes and/or graphical glitches after changing video settings without exiting game
- Fixed: Player stuck at the beginning of Chapter 6
- Fixed: Crash attempting to use other weapons (e.g. mods) with Portal 2
- Fixed: Mouse cursor doesn’t highlight UI elements in game on Mac OSX
- Fixed: Numerous localization bugs and improvements (also added Czech and Turkish localized text)
- Fixed: Overflow bug in keyvalues
- Fixed: Voice functionality regression (voice again enabled by default)
- Fixed: Joystick now defaults to off in order to avoid issues with non-joystick hardware that registers itself as a joystick
- Fixed: French sentences are not wrapping correctly in subtitles and commentary
- Improved: Handling of Mac OSX crashes
- Improved: Updates and bug fixes to Robot Enrichment
- Improved: Reliability on unsupported Intel Mobile Series 4 Express chipsets
- Removed: Unsupported console commands (“retry”, “switch_teams”) that caused problems if used