Team Ninja is upping the ante with the upcoming release of Ninja Gaiden III as the latest issue of Playstation Magazine gives us a brief look at what changes to expect.
"Summary of details:
- Ninja Gaiden 3 runs at 60 frames per second.
- Difficulty level won’t be toned down for casual gamers.
- There will be both competitive and cooperative modes. One or both will support up to 8 players.
- The store is no longer. Weapons will upgrade over time.
- Greater emphasis on Ryu’s story. No other playable characters planned yet.
- May support PlayStation Move."
Yes, that list does say that one or both of the projected multiplayer modes will support up to 8 players. 8 ninjas dicing enemies on screen. Just imagine it. Ninja Gaiden III is the second of the Ninja Gaiden games to support co-op. The first was Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, so we really don't have a reference for what 8-player co-op would look like for the series, but we're excited.
Look for more news as the year presses on. Ninja Gaiden III is expected to release sometime in the year 2012.