Awesomenauts’ recent update, Patch 1.13, has Mojang and Ronimo joining forces! Robotic character, Clunk, has been given a brand new skin and sound effects that creepily familiar.
That’s right: Clunk has been granted a special Creeper skin on Awesomenauts, mostly because his explosive abilities closely resemble the infamous Minecraft mob. If you pllay the game over on Steam (sorry Xbox players, nothing here for you), look forward to trying out the new skin for Cunk, by turning him into the epic “Creeper Clunk”.
It was a dark and stormy night. You run around the Awesomenauts base, but too late you realize that remote spot in the back where you forgot to place a torch. You look around frantically but can’t spot a thing... until... SSSSSSSsss BANG! Creeper Clunk is all up in your grill!
This skin won’t be available right off the bat, however. Players will have the opportunity to unlock Creeper Clunk when they enter into an online multiplayer match. Members of the Ronimo development team will be adorning it in the next few days, requiring you to kill them or anyone else who’s wearing the skin, before it’s yours.
This new skin for everyone’s favorite Awesomenaut, Clunk, can’t be bought or downloaded anywhere! The only way you can get it is to hunt one down in-game and kill it dead!
Fans of both games (such as myself) will absolutely love the new animation of Clunk’s nuke and the pixelated Minecraft pick in-hand. Get out there and find those Creeper Clunks! Finally, I’ll leave you all with the 1.13 patch notes from Romino’s blog as well:
- Creeper Clunk skin! Obtain the unique Creeper skin by killing an enemy Clunk wearing the skin. Initially only developers have it, and we will be playing using the skin in the coming days. Try and beat us!
- Matches will now start with full teams much more often. The host of a game now waits for six players to be ready before starting the match. It waits a maximum of two minutes and then always starts. The time the host spends in the Character Select and Loadout Select menus is deducted from the waiting time, so the maximum waiting time is the same as before (the average waiting time is longer now).
- Whirlwind, Boom box upgrade damage increased from 2 to 4.
- Tongue snatch, Base range increased from 6 to 6.6
- Tongue snatch, Tongue stretch now increases range by 2.4, instead of 4.
- Weedlings, creation cooldown increased from 0.5 to 1
- Weedlings, reduced base health from 80 to 50 hitpoints.
- Weedlings, increased base attack speed by 20%
- Weedlings, improved bullet speed from 4 to 6, and improved homing.
- Weedlings, improved Wild growth: 60 to 150 per minute regen.
- Spit, spit will no longer fly through enemies, will instead drop to the ground upon contact.
- Base health reduced from 135 to 125.
- Base speed reduced from 8 to 7.2
- Mighty Throw, Oily Bronze speedup effect reduced from 100% to 75%.
- Vacuum bite, Reduced Screamer Engine duration from 1 to 0.7 sec.
- Explode, Universal Charger now reduces charging time by 0.7 seconds, instead of 0.9.
- Explode, Thermonuclear cleaner price increased from 210 to 240
- Ball lightning, Blaze particles left by the Heavenly Fire upgrade have 50% duration compared to regular blaze particles.
- Ball lightning, thunder striker upgrade now also induces a mini stun, making the knockback non-interruptible.
- Homing missiles, improved homing and movement speed from 3.5 to 4.5.
- Homing missiles, cost reduced from 275 to 225.
- Nuke, improved movement speed from 2.5 to 3
- Protoblaser, fixed that after HC-Bomb the extra damage would often apply to several bullets instead of just one
- Protoblaster, Skull Bracelet price reduced from 155 to 135
- Protoblaster, Joe doll price increased from 135 to 175
- Protoblaster, base damage reduced to 7, extra stage added to Skull Bracelet
- Timerift, movement speed during flight reduced from 10 to 7.5
- Timerift, base duration reduced from 5 to 4 seconds.
- Timerift, 1.21 Gigawatt Battery duration bonus reduced from 5 to 4 seconds.
- Timerift, cooldown increased from 7 to 9 seconds.
Vinnie & Spike
-Shot, Sharky & Remora upgrade now also improves the range for The Godfish
- Shot, it is now possible to start a Spike Dive or Smokescreen while shooting.
- Dive, the spike graphic has been adjusted to better match the damage range of the spikes.
- Dive, unlock of Rigged casino games now shows the correct icon.
- Smokescreen, Mammoth Sock with Holes upgrade stage 2 now adds 2 seconds of invisibility, instead of 4.
- Smokescreen, Coco will no longer stay invisible while holding down the attack button.
- Reduced camera vertical deadzone size.
- Heal, the height of the droids has been increased slightly, so that controller players can now normally hit them with the heal beam.
- Silence now works consistently on all characters: skills are locked during Silence, while main attacks and jumps still work.
- Removed limitation of multi-jumpers (Lonestar, Vinnie & Spike, etc) where they couldn’t jump in-air when reaching a certain falling speed.
- Improved flying droids: base health from 75 to 100, shot homing, speed and range.
- Updated loading screen to improve Coco and Raelynn’s representation.
- Reduced turret deadzones in Ribbit IV and AI Station 404.
- Power Pills Turbo, price increased from 135 to 175.
- Power Pills Lite, price increased from 110 to 160.
- Bots have been made a bit smarter, and easy bots have been made easier.
- Fixed that on AI Station, the red team would often get one droid less than the blue team.
- Fixed that using two Keyboard-only control schemes in splitscreen would always claim to have conflicted buttons.
- [Mac only] CMD Tab now works on Mac (also with CMD M and CMD H).
- [Mac only] Fixed that Retina displays would only use part of the screen in windowed mode.
- [Mac only] Fixed that shift tab sometimes did not work until the game was restarted.
- Changed colours in shop to make what has been bought and what has not been bought distinguishable for colorblind players.
- Removed Christmas decorations.
- Fixed that achievement for unlocking three characters could not be gained if all skins had been bought before unlocking three characters.
- Yuri now has two buying quotes in the shop, instead of only one.
- Fixed that the interface would sometimes not update correctly when switching controls during gameplay.
- Fixed that the last unlock level was shown as empty.
- Fixed that special characters (like ‘ø’) could not be used in user names.
- Moved some glass platforms on Ribbit IV to fix that players who kept touching them after a downjump could not jump up again.