We're big fans of Microsoft's revamped dashboard called the New Xbox Experience. It's not just the fancy features like a party system, streamlined interface, Netflix, or even avatars. Nope, we love it because of the new events channel which showcases awesome community events like our very own Xbox Live Co-Op Night!
Microsoft likes the NXE too. Not only for the above reasons but because they've already seen a noticeable improvement in many areas including arcade downloads, video downloads, friend requests, and more.
We've posted the full stats after the break, courtesy of the good Major.
- If LIVE were a U.S. city, it would be the largest city with over 14-million members. The equivalent of New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago combined.
- Since the New Xbox Experience launched on Nov. 19 the number of new friends added per Xbox LIVE member has risen by 33%.
- Xbox LIVE is not just games: With more than 45 global network and studio partners, and Netflix in the U.S., we offer more than 30,000 movies, TV episodes and music videos in both high and standard definition.
- In the past year the average number of unique visitors to Xbox LIVE each day has risen 66%
- Movie downloads increased 49% and TV episode downloads were up 30% the week after launch
- Xbox LIVE Arcade sales almost tripled in the first week after the New Xbox Experience launched
- Avatar-specific titles like A Kingdom for Keflings registered the second-best first week of performance ever
- UNO which was updated to include in-game Avatars, saw a 650% increase in sales in just one day