The day is fast approaching, Gears of War 2 is set to hit the Xbox 360 this coming Friday, November 7th. In an effort to prepare for the oncoming Horde (get it?) Epic Games, Microsoft and several retailers have announced the Midnight Mayhem Launch Event at over 20,000 retailers across the world.
Several of these locations, including New York, London, Bellvue and LA, will have special guests and prizes available.
As part of the Midnight Mayhem launch activities in North America, everyone who purchases Gears of War 2 at participating retailers will receive an Xbox LIVE token for an exclusive in-game gooooooooold-plated Hammerburst for use in game. These codes will not be available beyond the night of launch and only while supplies last.
Also, keep your eyes fixated on Co-Optimus.com as we are going to have our own special launch shin-dig. There won't be mayhem, but there might be pie.
Over 20,000 Worldwide “Gears of War 2” Midnight Mayhem Events Will Usher in the Arrival of this Holiday’s Top Entertainment Release
Fans will get to enjoy exclusive giveaways, special appearances and more at flagship events in London, LA and NYC
To celebrate the arrival of the much-anticipated action blockbuster, “Gears of War 2,” more than 20,000 retailers worldwide will open their doors at 12:01 a.m. on Nov. 7 to massive lines of eager fans.
In London, Los Angeles and New York, Microsoft and retail partners will host launch events featuring contests, special guest appearances and prizes, including Limited Edition “Gears of War 2” Xbox 360 consoles, Special Edition “Gears of War 2” Zune devices, DC Comics/WildStorm Productions’ comic books, art books, posters and more.
Marquee launch event locations and activities include:
- London: GAME at 64-66 Clarence Street, Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 1NP
- “Gears of War” comic book artist Liam Sharp and Microsoft Game Studios staff will be on location to participate in the launch activities and give away “Gears of War 2” merchandise.
- Los Angeles: GameStop at Universal City Walk, 1000 Universal Studios Blvd, Universal City, CA 91608
- Xbox LIVE’s Major Nelson will MC the event, which will feature special appearances and autograph signings by Cliff Bleszinski of Epic Games. “Gears of War 2” voice actors including John DiMaggio (Marcus Fenix), Lester “Rasta” Speight (Augustus Cole) and Carlos Ferro (Dominic Santiago) will also be in attendance. Additionally, fans will have the unique opportunity to mug with a real life “Delta Squad” – costumed characters from Nightmare Armor Studios will be patrolling the GameStop, and tons of free “Gears of War 2” merchandise will be given away throughout the evening.
- Please note that lineups will not begin before 11 a.m. PST.
- New York: Best Buy, 622 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
- Epic Games’ senior producer Rod Fergusson along with Epic Games team members will interact with the crowd and autograph copies of the game in addition to free “Gears of War 2” merchandise.
- Bellevue: Best Buy, 457 120th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98005
- “Gears of War 2” co-writer Joshua Ortega and Microsoft Game Studios staff will be on location to participate in the launch activities and give away “Gears of War 2” merchandise.
As part of the Midnight Mayhem launch activities in North America, everyone who purchases “Gears of War 2” at participating retailers will receive an Xbox LIVE token for an exclusive in-game gold-plated Hammerburst for use in multiplayer gameplay. These tokens will not be available beyond the night of launch and only while supplies last.