Namco Bandai is pleased to announced that Games for Windows Live users will soon be able to move their Dark Souls: Prepare to Die titles, game saves, as well as any unlocked achievements over to Steam! If you're a Dark Souls fan and want to be amongst thousands of gamers via the Steam platform, here's your chance to migrate over.
During November, users of the Games for Windows Live will be able to transfer all their game saves and all earned achievements over to their Steam accounts, making it easy to pick up right where you left off on the Valve platform. Though no start or end date has been determined for this promotion at this moment, users can still use their earned Games for Windows Live Tokens to redeem the Steam version of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition at no additional cost (even after the migration period closes). Just be aware that any game saves and achievements may not be able to be transferred after the set end date. Therefore, we recommend doing so soon after the start date is announced (more on this later).
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is the optimal Dark Souls experience for those that want to play the original title. Prepare to Die Edition includes:
"An untold chapter in the world of Lordran. Sent back to the past, player will discover the story when Knight Artorias still lives.
- New Bosses – Including Black Dragon, Sanctuary Guardian, Artorias of the Abyss.
- PVP Arena & Online Matchmaking System – Quick matching for players to play 1vs1, 2vs2 and 4 player battle royal.
- New Areas – Including Oolacile Township, Oolacile Sanctuary, Royal Wood, Battle of Stoicism which is the training ground for online PVP battles.
- New Enemies – Including Wooden scarecrows, Chained Prisoner, Stone Knight.
- New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough, Elizabeth (keeper of the sanctuary).
- New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs"
So, how do you figure out where to find your tokens to purchase the game? Here is a quick list from Microsoft to help:
Locate your tokens
- Start the Games for Windows - Marketplace client software on your computer. To do this, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Games for Windows - Marketplace, and then click Games for Windows - Marketplace. If you can’t find this item, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games for Windows - Live\Client, and then double-click GFWLClient.
Note If the client software does not open, right-click GFWLClient, and then select Run As Administrator.
- Sign in by using your Microsoft account (formerly Windows Live ID) and password.
- Click All Downloads in the top navigation pane.
- Click Full Games in the left navigation pane.
- Locate and select the full game download for which you want your game activation key or Live access token.
- Under the game information, click the game, and then expand View Game Keys.
The game activation token and the Live access token are displayed.