Well it's about time! A seemingly simple feature Starbound players have been calling for since day one is the ability to bookmark discovered planets for easy travel. At long last, storing the cool worlds you found is as simple as clicking "add bookmark"!
Another big new addition to the Starbound universe are teleporters. Previously, players could hop from ship to surface at the press of a button, but that's about all Scotty could do in terms of beaming. Now we can place and register teleporters on planets, jumping between locations or even transporting to other players. Building a teleporter requires cores, which can be found on-world. The tradeoff for all of this is we lose the ability to save/quit to sneak back to the ship. When you exit, you appear where you left off.
Oh, that's right, there is just one more cool new thing: pets! Player ships are now inhabited by non-combat pets, one for each race. You can feed them, buy them presents, and watch them be all cute. That's about it, but what more do you want? They're friggin' adorable.
Also, these things changed:
- New Slime Cave biome
- New furniture set corresponding to the Slime Caves
- Mysterious new location: The Ark
- Changes to melee weapon responsiveness, damage sounds and visual feedback.
- Ranged weapons now have varying accuracy depending on the weapon type, quality and rate of fire
- Player energy now refills much more rapidly and has a shorter delay before regenerating
- Various improvements to server architecture which should greatly improve server performance and stability
- Scroll bars can now be clicked and dragged properly
- Moons are now generated with solid cores to help avoid falling out the bottom
- Several improvements to grass placement, also add underground ceiling grasses to several biomes
- Several small improvements to AI interface