Go ahead and admit it, you've missed that do-rag. Well get ready for its glorious return in Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, coming to Xbox One on August 25. This is a remastering of the original Gears of War only, and graphical fidelity aside, most of the improvements are to the multiplayer side of things.
Here's the breakdown of everything being done for this edition:
- Remastered for Dolby 7.1 Surround
- 90 mins of new campaign content from the original PC game
- New Xbox Live achievements (1,250 Gamerscore)
- Concept art gallery and unlockable comics
- Modernized Multiplayer featuring:
- 60 frames per second
- Dedicated servers
- Skill-based matchmaking
- New game types - Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill (Gears of War 3 style), and new 2v2 Gnasher Execution
- Total of 19 maps, including all DLC and PC-exclusive maps
- 17 unlockable Gears of War 3 characters for Multiplayer progression
- More Match customization including Actives, Respawn Time, Self-revive and Weapon Respawn
- Modernized gameplay with smoother movement and updated controls:
- Alternate Controls and all new Tournament Controls
- All controls tuned for Xbox One
- Adding the Gears of War 3 features you love: Enemy Spotting, Multiplayer Tac-Com, Improved sensitivity customization
As this is a remastering of the first game only, with some multiplayer improvements from the third, it does not appear that there will be a Horde mode for this; so co-op campaign only for your co-op options.
The game will retail for $39.99, it will include a beta key for the Gears of War 4 multiplayer, and arrives August 25 this year.
Update: It was revealed at the PC Gaming Show that the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition will also be making its way to the PC.