We've seen them teased, we've gotten little bits of info here and there, and now we're finally getting introduced to the new classes you'll be able to play in Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. This brings the total number of classes from which to choose to 14, as all the classes from the original game will be playable as well.
From zombie pirates to flower sorceresses, pretty sure PopCap is running the full gamut here. The new classes are:
- Imp and Z-Mech: a little zombo with twin-pistols, gravity grenades, and a kind of jet pack. When he needs some extra firepower, he hops into his Z-Mech to utilize its gatling gun, lasers, and self-destruct blast
- Citron: I believe I shall be wary of all oranges now, lest they actually be bounty hunters from the future. Citron is the direct counterpoint to the Z-Mech and comes equipped with an energy shield to block incoming fire, a laser cannon, and an EMPeach to take the mech out of commission
- Super Brainz: the superhero zed that can punch the plants up close, launch into a furious whirlwind of punches, or fire off a charged up blast from afar
- Rose: a sorceress from the past that can turn enemies into goats, slow-down foes in a small area, or transform into a being of pure energy for additional damage
- Captain Deadbeard: the piratical zed comes with a parrot (naturally) that can spot and attack plants from above, a cannon that packs a punch, and an armored barrel with some dynamite sticking out to blow up groups of enemy (huh?! just a barrel...)
- Kernel Corn: probably the most straightforward of all the new classes, this vegetable stalk fires cob missiles, can launch himself up and over enemies while firing down on them, and even call in a "butter barrage" on an area
Still no set release date for the game, though it's scheduled for sometime Spring 2016.