The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth will be getting its next (and final) piece of DLC next month with "Afterbirth+." This will be released on the PC initially and the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One eventually.
While the big draw for this DLC is the inclusion of mod tools for users to make their own levels (PC only, I'm afraid), it will also add some features for every platform, like a new final chapter, a new boss, new items, and a new playable character. Here's the full list from the dev's blog post:
- full access to mod tools ( so you can design, edit and play and endless number of mods, features and whole new games that the community will no doubt eventually design.)
- 67 new items, 27 new trinkets and 10+ new pickups! (hows that for specific huh!?)
- a new final chapter! (yes i said chapter)
- a new final boss!
- a new playable character!
- a new “greedier” greed mode!
- a shit ton of new achievements! (62 to be exact)
- 5 achievement “challenges”!
- 100s of new rooms! ( tons of new ultra rare rooms )
- new victory lap feature! (allows the game to continue when finished)
- bestiary! (enemy collection page that keeps track of everything you kill in game)
- 5 new challenges!
- 2 new transformations!
- small monthly content updates! ( every month after release we will be updating the game with our favorite fan made designs, monsters, items maybe even challenges? who knows… i may also toss a few of my own modded designs in if you are good!)
- 4+ new bosses and a new alt forms for existing bosses!
- a handful of new enemies, features and new champion forms!
- new cut scenes and music tracks!
"Afterbirth+" will be available on PC via Steam next month on January 3. It will retail for $9.99 normally, but if you already own the "Afterbirth" DLC, then you'll get it for just $6.66. It will be released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (minus the mod tools) sometime in the Spring of 2017.