Last night we dusted off the arcade machine, pulled out a pocket full of (virtual) quarters and checked out the latest nostalgia release from Capcom. The Capcom Beat Em Up Bundle is a beat em up fan's dream featuring seven classic Capcom games, two of which, have never been released on a console or PC.
All of these games are inherently co-op. And we checked them all out to give you a taste of what the bundle offers. While most support 3 or 4 players, those that don't support up to 8 player lobbies where players can swap in and out of play.
The two games in red are never before released.
- Final Fight - The classic that spawned an entire series, though it clearly felt like the oldest game in the bunch.
- The King of Dragons - To us this felt like a precursor to Knights of the Round. You have a beat em up with RPG elements, a ton of character classes to choose from, and of course "treasure goblins"
- Captain Commando - This game has a baby riding a mech, gratuitous violence thanks to a ninja lopping off limbs, and a "cool" Mummy with knives. What more do you need to know?
- Knights of the Round - If you've never played KotR, you truly are missing on something special. It takes the King of Dragons formula and dials it up.
- Warriors of Fate - The best way to describe Warriors of Fate is to say it's Dynasty Warriors before there was Dynasty Warriors. While we didn't face off against Liu Bu, we knew he was coming.
- Armored Warriors - Holy shit we formed a giant robot with our smaller robots. This gem is truly one of the most unique in the bundle as you smash other robots and augment your own mech during combat. A ton of fun and chaos!
- Battle Circuit - Uh. pink ostriches, A cat with a squirrel, a plant, some teletubbies, and space Elvis. These are just some of the bizarro things in this pixelated, non-drug induced, trip. It's bizarre but fun!
The Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle is out now on PC, Xbox Oner, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. It'll cost you $19.99.