Developer Seed by Seed and Handy Games released Pile Up! Box by Box on Steam earlier this year. It's a delightful 3D platformer in which 1-4 local players can stack things on top of other things and each other in order to get around and solve puzzles. Now that PC gamers have had time to enjoy it, Pile Up! will soon be coming to Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch as well.
In Pile Up!, everyone plays as colorful boxes called Boxlings. From the hub world, our heroes will enter large, open-ended levels and search for keys and items to unlock new areas. Players can jump, dash, grab, and throw things. Using these skills, you'll stack and throw each other to trigger switches and reach new areas throughout each level. Between levels, players can also buy new skins from the shop and enjoy minigames like soccer and basketball.
- GO ON AN ADVENTURE Explore colorful cardboard worlds in this cute 3D platformer. Find your way through countless levels, uncover mysteries and bring joy to the cardboard inhabitants of these places.
- LOCAL MULTIPLAYER Play with your friends with up to 4 players! Drop-in and out at any time with dynamic challenge rescaling. Remote play via Steam is possible.
- A GAME FOR EVERYONE Anybody can play Pile Up! The chill-paced game has simple controls, no punishment for failure, and no time pressure. And remember that teammates can always help each other!
- TEAMWORK Cooperate to progress! It’s all about communication and organization. Share the tasks, synchronize your moves and carry each other to overcome the challenges.
- MINIGAME FRENZY Face your friends in frantic minigames and lead hilariously chaotic battles. For party game lovers!
- CREATIVITY IS KEY Think outside the box and solve the puzzles your own way. There is no unique solution, creativity is the key! The sky is the limit! Build stairs and structures with the boxes you collected.
- OPTIMIZE YOUR STRATEGIES Unlock the timer mode and test your skills at piling up boxes. Find the best strategy and the quickest way to progress through the worlds.