It's always fun to ride a mount in games. Indie studio Moving Pieces Interactive knows this, and so they've build a whole game around it called Shoulders of Giants. In this third-person shooter/Roguelike, gamers get to play as gun-wielding frogs who ride around on the shoulders of giant mechs. It's a promising premise, especially since the game will feature 4-player online co-op when it arrives on Xbox and the Epic games Store.
Shoulders of Giants will feature:
- Best friend mode: It’s dangerous to go alone! Play solo, or team up with a friend, each taking control of either the frog or the robot.
- Army of Four: Battle the forces of entropy in four-player online co-op. Is your teamwork strong enough to survive?
- Grow as you go: Experience quick bursts of roguelike joy, as you explore, grow, and become gloriously overpowered on a never ending ride of randomized levels.
- A Galaxy Far Away: Shoot ‘n’ slash your way through explosively colourful planets, restoring life and light to the shattered worlds as you fight.
- Loot that Matters: From grappling hooks to glowing grenades, each new pickup can radically alter your power and playstyle. Mix and match abilities to create a moveset that’s all your own!
It will be interesting to see if Shoulders of Giants can live up to the high standard set by the recent Roguelike shooter, Gunfire Reborn. This one being third-person and involving mechs should certainly give it a different feel, though. The Best Friend mode sounds quite promising, too. Dividing control duties between two players can make for a very unique experience.
Shoulders of Giants will land on Xbox and Epic on Thursday, January 26 and sell for $19.99. Preorder to get 20 percent off the regular price and some bonus cosmetic DLC. The game's soundtrack, which was composed by Floex (Samorost), is available to pre-save on Soundcloud and Apple Music.